file Amp advice-

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 12 years 3 days ago
Thanks once again Sir for your good reply.
Sorry to keep asking questions.
I am an American living in Thailand and we have no GE dealers here. But I do travel often to other countries in Asia. So I have managed to audition your speakers in two different countries. BUT I must say, they were not presented all that well. Especially in one place, they were surrounded by other speakers--several so near that I am sure they were interacting with the side panels of the Aons and Tritons. In another store the Triton 2s were played in a BIG room, the listening distance/angle was not right, the Aon 3s in a tiny room. I have read about (and believe people are not lying) the fantastic imaging and soundstage of GE speakers, but frankly I did not hear that at all. What I did hear was GOOD, but not as great as I have heard and think they could be.
I will be building a dedicated home theater room soon 14 X 19 X 10 feet tall. The speakers will be on the 14 ft. wall. Should I go with the Triton 2 or 3 for this space?
Also, reading about sitting equal distance from each speaker to the distance they are apart... we have found that sitting closer to our 64" TV for 3D movies is better than being farther back. Say like 8 ft. away from the TV. That would mean a listening distance of say 9-10 feet from the speakers and I guess they should be 9-10 ft. apart. Will that give great imaging with the Triton 2s or 3s? Should they be placed farther apart and toed in more, or should I move back the listening distance behind where I watch movies?
Please advise if you have the time, thanks once again for your time and trouble.
Best regards, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 12 years 3 days ago
Sorry to hear that, but of course we have little control over the display and demonstration of the products by our international distributors and their dealers. I will pass this message along to our international sales manager.

I would suggest the Triton Twos, widely separated and toed-in, for your installation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, sandeep

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back