file Question on "Price on Triton Two goes up Feb 1st."

• FogAudio's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
FogAudio Posted 12 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by FogAudio. Reason: clarified subject was a question and not informational info_outline
I know it is probably not fair in asking but any hints how much this will hurt our pocket books for those of us who won't be buying until later in the year?

Also, why is the price going up? Why change a good thing? If the price goes up any chance that package deals will help offset the change? For instance, if someone were to say build a system with 2 triton IIs and the soon to be available HTR 7000 ceiling speakers.

I'm surprised nobody else is asking about this already?

Thanks,
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tyler_jennings's Avatar Offline
tyler_jennings Posted 12 years 7 months ago
The rumor mill says an additional $500 per pair.

As for my take on it, it isn't unusual at all for a new company's new flagship product to come to market underpriced. They also have the Triton 3 coming online, might have something to do with it. All speculation of course.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 12 years 7 months ago
All correct, thanks.

The Triton Two was priced over two years ago, material inflation has been spectacular in that time frame so we needed to adjust the prices accordingly. The addition of the smaller Triton Three does give a GoldenEar Triton opportunity at an even more reasonable price.

• FogAudio's Avatar Offline school
FogAudio Posted 12 years 7 months ago
Ok, thank you both for your response.

That is kind of a bummer but partially understood. I would have thought that the success of the product and the economy of scale would have overcome any material cost increase. OTOH, I understand that we are living in pretty volatile times with regards to Chinese manufacturing and increasing regulations, etc. Also I understand both your points on the upcoming Triton III. Will look forward to hearing the reviews when they start to hit the market.

Regards,
Ryan

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 12 years 7 months ago
Thanks - a bummer but couldn't be prevented. First review of the Triton Three hits next month in Home Theater magazine!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Question on "Price on Triton Two goes up Feb 1st."