file Rubber Feet - Any reason to use/not use?

• mikicasellas's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mikicasellas Posted 12 years 8 months ago
Hi,

I am trying to make my system perform the best way possible it could be in terms of SOUND:

This is the gear:

Oppo bdp 93
Anthem mrx 700
Golden ear Triton two (LCR)
Apple tv
Macbook pro
Supra Ply S speaker cables

I have been interested on getting the Cambridge MagicDac or MagicDac Plus in order to make my music library from my Mac sound better and from the Oppo????
Also i have read reviews about how “analog” my speakers can sound with a good pair of speakers cables such as “TRANSPARENT MUSIC WAVE, REGULAR, PLUS or SUPER...” especially the SUPERS

The recommendation that i really need is the follow:

With my gear is there any hint that you could give me to take the best from my system, and for the speaker cables, i was going to go for the TRANSPARENT MUSIC WAVE “REGULARS” but then i got curious about the higher ones (PLUS and SUPER) should i consider the extra $$$ ( in a review i read about the extra better sound the SUPERS make vs the PLUS so i believe your advice will help me a lot.

Getting the Magic Dac or PLUS from Cambridge will it also improve the sound quality out of my Oppo when playing regular CDS?

Having the OPPO BDP 93 with the DACMAGIC playing together, will that combo play better sound from cd than the OPPO BDP 95 does?

Thanks a lot for your attention and best regards

Miguel Casellas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 12 years 8 months ago
Afraid you're going to need some feedback from forum members on your questions. I have heard the Transparent cables are excellent, but I can't give you any recommendations beyond that - haven't heard the various products. Same goes for the Magic DAC product, I don't know whether it is better than the DAC in the Anthem Receiver or the DAC in the Oppo 93 (your other two existing DAC choices). I have been told that the Oppo 95 (I believe that's their top model) has excellent on-board DAC's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Rubber Feet - Any reason to use/not use?