file Proper Placement Triton 5's

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Yes, trying various speaker positions is always a good option, especially in a room where you do not want to try different listening positions. Another reason to wait on speaker cable upgrade decisions until you know distances from amp to speakers.
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi Giorgio23, Since you are going to connect the television to your amplifier and speakers, the logical placement would be to place the Triton 5s just to the left and right of the fireplace. (This places the speakers a bit closer than the ideal equilateral triangle with your main listening position, but your listening room certainly presents some challenges.) I would still recommend angling the speakers so they are directly facing the main listening position - and, if needed, you could adjust the balance of your system so that each speaker would be heard at the appropriate volume level.

Generic gauge 12 speaker wire is a safe recommendation (and should work well). As an upgrade, you might consider the AudioQuest Rocket 11 or Rocket 22 speaker cables. Both of these AudioQuest cables will produce a noticeable improvement in clarity, detail and 3-dimensionality over generic speaker cables. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Giorgio23

• Giorgio23's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
Giorgio23 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi there thank you very much for the response!

I can relocate the speakers since my Peachtree will probably go on a new shelf/table I will be getting by the window. If I was to run a long optical cable from the tv to the peachtree do you think the speakers would be better placed by the black couch and by the one side of the fireplace?

I am willing to invest in the proper setup right from the start and don't want to be stuck with it "needing" to be near the TV. I would be ok with doing that with the optical cable if you think the placement/sound would be better with the two speakers on the back wall and toed slightly inwards? Or do you think it won't make much of a difference?

Re: speaker wire sounds good I will definitely look into that brand thank you! I really appreciate your help with all this and I am very excited to get started with high quality audio.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi Giorgio23, When listening to and watching television broadcasts or movie soundtracks, I suspect it would sound "distracting" to have one speaker near the couch and the other speaker one side of the fireplace. You could always experiment with speaker placement, but I would recommend placing the left speaker just to the left of the television/fireplace, and the right speaker just to the right of the television/fireplace. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Giorgio23

• Giorgio23's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
Giorgio23 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Thanks very much! I will try that placement first. I am assuming that I should "toe in" the speaker on the right so it's more towards the couch and the left one will be more straight on/ less of an angle?
I will post updates when I get everything setup :) thank you again! Have a great weekend

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Proper Placement Triton 5's