file Proper Placement Triton 5's

• Giorgio23's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Giorgio23 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Hi Everyone,

My name is Giorgio. I am new to the premium audio space and I have decided to go with a set of Golden Ear Triton 5's and a peachtree 125se amp after doing my research. Will just do a two channel stereo setup for now. I believe it will still be an awesome sounding setup for this room.

I have reviewed the setup tips here from Sandy www.goldenear.com/support/setup-tips

And I have been trying to decide how to properly setup my new living room. Please pardon the mess of cables I haven't cleaned things up properly yet and want to make sure I know exactly where the Triton 5's are going first.

The room is a bit of an awkward setup I would like to keep the TV above the fireplace though. Where I am taking the picture is where the couch is but not center to the room it is to the far side of the room opposite the tv ( if Tv is at 2 oclock position couch is at 7/8 oclock position)

I have attached some pictures to better illustrate the situation hopefully it makes sense. Again pardon the mess just getting setup here and just finished installing potlights.

Where would you place the Triton 5's in this setup?

As well, what speaker wire would you guys suggest that is on the cheaper side but would get the job done?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 2 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, Georgio, and welcome to the forum!

Good choice on the Triton 5's!

Ah, where to place those speakers in that room.... are you planning to tie them into the tv output above the fireplace also? Either side of the fireplace seems a logical choice with or without a connection with the tv outs.You can play with toe in and distance out as you go. Moderator Dude may have some thoughts on other options.

Re speaker cables, ah, a controversial subject for sure, and you may get lots of opinions for and against upgrading, and for or against different brands. It's an individual choice topic. Listening preferences play a role. There are lots of reasonably priced, and pricey, upgrades available. Lots of folks are perfectly happy with stock 12 gauge wire, your choice. I use Signal Cable Ultra 10 gauge leads to the fronts and center, Kimber Kwik 12's to the front heights, and standard cable longer leads to all other speakers. That may be something you could wait on and see how you like the sound with stock 12 gauge leads.

Enjoy your new speakers!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Hi Rick!

Thanks for the reply. I will be tying them in with an optical going from the tv to the peachtree yes. I will be building shelves to put everything on probably above the thermostat for the fireplace you can see on the right hand side of the fireplace.

I was concerned that having them on either side of the fireplace would be too close together. I was originally thinking to move that table next to the black recliner and put one there and put the other one on the side of the fireplace where my internet modem currently is. Unfortunately it is an awkward room setup and I don't think that would be ideal sound to my listening position on the couch.

How can i get in touch with moderator dude to get his opinion?

Thanks very much I am very excited all my life I have had crappy speakers and decided to finally treat myself!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Though ideally an equilateral triangle between the distances between speakers and distance to listening position is preferred, it is not make or break. Not sure what your plans are for the center of the room nearer the speaker locations, but is an option to move the listening position closer to the speakers?
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Re Moderator input, he does track forum questions, so for sure he would respond to any unanswered questions you have on this post.
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Unfortunately the couch is a plug in reclining couch and that is the only suitable wall in that room for this.

Having said that do you think It would be ok then to have them closer together by the fireplace, or perhaps should I try out multiple locations and i guess trial and error like by the black recliner more spread out.

Ok that sounds good hopefully he will see this and I can get his opinion on it as well.

Thank you!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Proper Placement Triton 5's