file Power Requirements for Triton Speakers

• gd232's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
gd232 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
For the Triton Reference speakers, are there any practical constraints as far as plugging these in? For example can these just go into the power strip powering the rest of the devices around my tv? Do they need their own power strip (or worse, their own individual outlet)? In the U.S. if that makes a difference with some AFCI outlets.

Also for the power cables themselves can we use any of the typical PC power cables you can buy at monoprice or are there specific requirements?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 3 years 4 months ago
All the T Refs need to sound their best is electricity. You can plug them into a power strip powering the rest of your devices. They can be plugged into a line Conditioner. They can be plugged directly into a wall outlet. All they need is electricity.

I plug my T Refs directly into their own individual wall outlet using Anticable Level 3 power cords.

You can use any "Good" power cord of your liking. The power cords from Monoprice should work just fine.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• gd232's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
gd232 Posted 3 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by gd232. info_outline
Nice--would have guessed that they would've needed more power given the 1800 watt amplifier. Don't know a ton about this but isn't that 15amps (which is the usual max of a typical US outlet meaning that each speaker would need it's own) or am I missing something?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 3 years 4 months ago
Hi gd232, The digital amplifier built-into the Triton Reference draws power from the AC outlet in very short bursts (literally tens of milliseconds). The amplifiers built-into these towers really do no draw much power on a constant basis. When playing the towers at an average listening volume, you can count on each of the towers drawing about 250 watts (2 amps or so) from the AC outlet. When playing at a top volume (or full tilt), you could count on each of the towers drawing a maximum of 600 watts (5 amps or so) from the AC outlet. I would not expect you to have any issues with a 15 amp home circuit breaker tripping from these towers. Happy Listening!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Power Requirements for Triton Speakers