• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
Thanks, Tony!

Appreciate the great summary of what you're hearing, experiencing so far.

I would expect the ML's to sound great in the mid's and treble, and need some help with bass. The thing that struck me when I first heard the T2's when they first came out in addition to the amazing bass was the treble sweetness with the HVFR tweeter. I had never found a cone tweeter system that I didn't want to use an equalizer to dial back what was for me harsh, even screechy treble sometimes.

I'd love to get feedback after you have broken in the T2's for a bit, and whether the detail, mid bass and treble gets better for you.

Also, what power cord(s) are you going to try? See the Power Cord thread on this forum if you want some thoughts on what others have tried with GoldenEar speaker set-ups. I am partial to Nordost cords, as are some others. AntiCables and Audience are other favorites. And all seem to have the most effect on sources/ DAC's in particular.

BTW, if you think when you're further along with fine tuning, and still feel you'd like a bit more depth, micro detail etc. and want to move up, think about the further evolutions of the T2, starting with the T2+, and up through the T1.R and T Ref. Each step up adds all of the above, in spades. It sounds like you've had some pretty darn good ML speakers in your listening experiences. The GoldenEar speakers offer the same type of steps up with each model, and similar upgrades with each step.

Happy listening and fine tuning!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 4 years 1 month ago

roni44 wrote: ...what I am missing are depth, micro detail, mid-bass and sweetness of high. I think after further tweaking should take care most of them.

My experience with the T1s and TRefs is that those highs will sweeten up as the speakers break in.

After that, further -- and incremental -- improvement for me came from cables and better upstream components. There's much to explore there.

Sounds like you're having fun!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• roni44's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 14
roni44 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
Hi Rick and Charlie,

Over the weekend, I gave the T2 the workout much needed. By Sunday night, T2 has proven itself and erased most of doubts I might have. First, the sound stage started project beyond my ear, it wrap around my head like a high-end headphone. The mid and high are much more distinctive and blends seamless with the sub, more subtle details are much easier to identify and entire sound stage just filled my room and much bigger compare to pre-burn in.

I'm sure you guy will get kick out of this comment, my wife whom is a part time pianist made a comment about T2 which she never cared to comment or give any opinion about my hifi. When I tested few piano tracks, she suddenly said finally we are listening to some real piano not "Casio Keyboard". But to be fair, my last pair of ML Stat was 17 years old and smallest panel.

I think so far T2 check most of boxes for me, for next few weeks, I will work on bring out bit more of depth, clarity and intimacy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
Thanks for the update!

I like your wife's comment that she was finally listening to some real piano. That is what we all are seeking, I think, with our hifi set-ups, that the music sounds real, natural, immersive, like being there at the performance.

It seems you're on your way to a great system set-up! Happy listening.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 4 years 1 month ago
Yes, it's good to hear things are evolving in a good direction!

I also had a similar situation with my TRefs, when a friend of mine sat in the PLP and I played a piano recording. "There's a piano there!"

Yes indeed there was...and is.

I'm sure you'll have great fun exploring your new audio boundaries.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• roni44's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 14
roni44 Posted 4 years 1 month ago
T2 has evolved nicely, I think still got a little more to go, now I'm very interested in the next up model One.R, however I think GR no long has dealer in Taiwan. Since GR is under AQ now, and I know one of the top dog in AQ, wondering if he is able to send me a pair at dealer cost B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, charliehatch

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers New old stock Triton 2