question-circle Static

• Mathw01's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Mathw01 Posted 4 years 6 months ago
Very happy Triton Two owner for several years. For the last month I’ve been getting static out of one speaker whether I’m listening or not. I’ve switched rooms to another system and it continues to do it. It lasts for approximately 40-50 second intervals. I have to unplug it at night. Any ideas??

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 4 years 6 months ago

Mathw01 wrote: Very happy Triton Two owner for several years. For the last month I’ve been getting static out of one speaker whether I’m listening or not. I’ve switched rooms to another system and it continues to do it. It lasts for approximately 40-50 second intervals. I have to unplug it at night. Any ideas?? Thanks!

Hard to recommend anything other than basic troubleshooting which would include trying to isolate whether or not the static is channel specific or speaker specific. If unplugging it eliminates the static perhaps try a different outlet/circuit. Beyond the basics I'd reach out to dealer and/or Golden Ear support.
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 6 months ago
One thing to try is disconnecting the speaker wire and LFE (if used), then unplug from AC power. Let the speaker sit disconnected for 20 minutes or so and then reconnect everything to see if it behaves properly now. If it still makes the static sound then disconnect the speaker wire and LFE if applicable.

If the problem persists you may need a replacement amp for that speaker. Let me know, please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: charliehatch

• Mathw01's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
Mathw01 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Hello, sorry for the late reply. The speaker had to be unplugged due to the static. I’m convinced it’s the amplifier that’s causing the static, please advise on my best course of action?

Thank you,

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Is there a router near the speaker? If yes, turn the router off and see what happens. Also, physically swap the two speaker, L to R, etc. See if the issue stays in the channel or follows the speaker.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back