file Speaker Level Settings

• Rustolem's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Rustolem Posted 12 years 9 months ago
Just ordered my Triton Cinema Two, from Electronic Dreams in Houston, TX and can't wait to hook them up. But I have a question about "calibration" from what I have read I know to set Front Large all others Small and NO sub, but do I actually need to run the YPAO calibration? When using the YAPO it sets the distance on all the speakers but also sets the "LEVEL" as well. I had read in another post on here that your recommended that the levels bet set to "0.00" is this correct?
Is there no need to adjust the volume "level" of one speaker over another? With my current Polk RTi setup it was necessary do get the best sound, but with the Cinema Two setup will that be needed? And if so any suggestions? Room is 19x18 and will be sitting about 12ft from the Triton's and Sat50 and the Sat3's will be right behind my head.

One more question can you verify how long the power cords are on the Triton Twos? I want to hook them both into my Panamax 5300PM and want to make sure they will reach.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Russell Nelson
Pineville, LA
Mits WD-92840
Paradigm Studio 100's v5
Paradigm Studio CC690 v5
Axiom QS8's Surrounds
HSU VTF3-MK4
Yamaha CX-A5000
Emotiva XPA-5
Sony BDP-CX960
Panamax M5400-PM
Dune HD-D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 12 years 9 months ago
Congratulations and thanks for your purchase.

There is no issue using the YPAO to set distances and levels, although a tape measure and a SPL meter will do a fine job. Level set for the individual speakers will vary depending on setup and room, you just need to adjust levels for equal output at the primary listening position. Setting the bass level on each Triton will also depend on the room, but typically they are set at a similar level.

The power cords are 9 feet long, standard IEC connector. Enjoy your new system!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Setgligree Posted 12 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Spam Deleted

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Speaker Level Settings