question-circle Dispersion and Sweet spot

• BobP's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
BobP Posted 5 years 8 months ago
I am considering the Triton 2+‘s for a two channel system. Like, perhaps half of you, my available listening room is not custom built. The compromises include placing the speakers near the front wall (6 to 10”), distance apart (60”) and no single “sweet spot” listening position.
How fussy are these speakers?
Is it possible to fill a 12’ x 15’ room full of music that can be enjoyed from more than a single carefully placed listening position, and still get some of the benefits, e.g. soundstage, resolution, etc.?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 8 months ago
Hi, BobP

I think you'll find the T2+'s can provide a great sound stage under a variety of room/listening conditions and positions. My experience with Triton towers is that they project a full, balanced, room filling sound even when I wander around some while listening.

As a general approach, you can adjust toe in to accommodate more of where, how you listen. Increasing toe in, like pointing the speakers in front of the listening position, widens the sound stage, and yes with some trade off in perfect stereo right at the MLP. So if you were planning to listen only in the MLP sweet spot, you'd probably want to have the speakers aimed directly there. But given how you are planning to listen, I'd recommend spending some time with speaker positioning, especially toe in, and I'll bet you'd find a combination that works for you and your room. The sound quality and dispersion those speakers can deliver is worth it, IMHO.

Good luck and happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem, BobP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Dispersion and Sweet spot