file Power lite flashes 25 times then turns off on Triton 2 plus.

• fastninja12's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fastninja12 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
So this morning I did a little power cable decluttering. After I finished I powered up the first speaker and noticed the blue lite flashed about 30 times then went out...Tried a couple more times, no difference. So I tried the power cord from the other speaker same results. Then...I tried the power cord on the other speaker and its flashing then goes out as well. New speakers approximately 1 month old. Plugged into transient protectors since they came out of the boxes. Any thoughts. I know they are in warranty, but the dealer is 130 miles away...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fastninja12's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
fastninja12 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Yes, I'm an idiot and it's too early in the morning. I thought the blue light stayed illuminated all the time....Speakers are working fine, by brain isn't.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by GDHAL. info_outline
@fastninja12

While what you are observing is normal, please be mindful of the following. Disclaimer is that my feedback is based on my experience with T1 and T Ref ownership, which could be different from the T2+

To your point "flashed about 30 times then went out", there is a *precise* number of flashes (such as the 25 you state in the thread title) and whatever the number is it is consistent each time the speaker is initialized with A/C power. Point here is that the number of flashes does not vary. This can be a useful (IMO) diagnostic to help determine if there is a true problem.

To your point "I thought the blue light stayed illuminated all the time" that depends. While powered by A/C of course, the light stays illuminated while a source signal is present and for a number of minutes after the signal has stopped. The time is approximately 25 minutes. In this case the time is approximate and can vary slightly (unlike the number of flashes when initialized). However, you should note that when the lights go out because the signal is no longer present, both speakers should go out at virtually the same time (within a second or two of one another) unless the signal is out in only one channel. I'm assuming you have a two channel setup.

:)
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, fastninja 12

Welcome here! Ask any questions you want, we're a pretty laid back group, and don't worry about having an "ah ha" later... we all do.

Hope we hear more from you!

Oh, and enjoy your new speakers and let us know how they sound!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 10 months ago
Welcome FastNinja12,
As Rick said, you are most welcome here and have great speakers!!!!!
And no question is too silly.
I should know.
I can tell you that the lights are supposed to be on all the time when music is playing, at least IF it has any bass content, which is nearly all the time. When not playing or receiving a signal, then the lights will shut down.
GDHAL already addressed this too.
But let us know if you have any more questions or doubts that things are working/playing correctly.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Power lite flashes 25 times then turns off on Triton 2 plus.