lightbulb Triton 1 sub level

• Aztwang's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Aztwang Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by Aztwang. info_outline
Fairly new to this forum, I have a new set of Triton 1’s about four weeks old powered by a Prima Luna integrated HP plus . The system is a 2 channel vinyl playback system. I have been hunting for a correct level for the subs as they can be definitely overpowering. My room is 18 x 24 and ended up with a level setting between nine and 10 o’clock I have also gone from the 8ohm tap to the 4ohm which seems to have really helped sonic quality.

My question to y’all what level do you set your your sub dial to and why? Comments welcome thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
Hey Atzwang and welcome to the forum, and well done on getting a pair of TOnes and a great amp!!!!!!
You will have an amazing sound IMHO.
I am a bass head, so I have my bass on my TOnes dialed a little higher than you do, but not much.
REALLY nobody can tell you, you have to experiment and see what sounds best to you, with the music you like and in YOUR ROOM. The room makes a huge difference.
My suggestion would be to move the speakers as far apart as is reasonably possible in your room, toe them in pointing directly at you, at least as a starting point, and just tweak locations and bass settings until you are the happiest.
And enjoy the process, this is a great hobby, let us know what you find out, how you did?
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
I have mine set at 9:15. Anything more then that, bass becomes overbearing, especially at higher listening levels. Why? Because it's what I Like. I'm not trying to please anyone, except Myself.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
Hi Aztwang! Those TOnes are terrific speakers.

The amount of perceived bass will be partly influenced by how far your speakers are from the front wall (and especially corners). Mine are out a few feet, and I run my bass amp level right at 12:00 (yes, TRefs now, but I ran my TOnes the same), but as others have pointed out, this is a matter of taste. I'm sure you'll experiment over time and find what's right for you.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 3 weeks ago
I forgot to mention that your seating position in the room can make a big difference. Sitting in the dead center middle of the room will cause some of the room modes to be louder and others to be dead. I sit somewhat behind middle (front/rear) where I found a good compromise. I'm in the middle left/right, but I have openings that partially suppress the left/right modes.

You might move around and experiment there too.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 1 sub level