file Crackling and Popping sound from Triton 2 Tower

• anynigma's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anynigma Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Hi all,

I've got one Triton 2 that makes random crackling and popping noises when it is powered but regardless of whether it is connected to the amp or not. Green light is on, no blinking or flashing, and rotating the sub level knob on the back has no effect. Unplugging the speaker stops the noise, and I can use it connected to the amp no problem, but I don't get the bass :( .

I've read that it may be related to a failing plate amplifier, but I'm hoping maybe someone has opened their units up to just find a loose connection or something.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Make sure it is not being caused by outside interference (close proximity of a wifi router or similar). If not, nothing for you to do except contact your GoldenEar dealer for service. Speed the process by having the serial number available and the description of the problem. If you are the original purchaser, GoldenEar will provide the parts for service under warranty regardless of product age.

BTW, these matters are best addressed through our support email, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anynigma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Crackling and Popping sound from Triton 2 Tower