file Missing Bass When Playing Stereo Content

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Well boys,
I got it fixed and rather easily, but it did cost me money, doesn't it always?
I got rid of the Marantz and got the Emo XMC-1 in its place. Manages the bass much better, MUCH better room correction with DIRAC.
And got a BIG sweet subwoofer. Took a bit to dial that in but now I have glorious bass in spades.
Last night the fam wanted to watch, again, "San Andreas".
Well, I had the sub dialed in for music but this movie made WAY too much use of the sub at that setting!!!! The house shook!!!!
Our sofa felt like the earth was really quaking, it was awesome but too much. Fortunately the sub has a smart phone app to control it and in just a few seconds I was able to keep the sub from tearing down the house. Tamed it a bit and we were good to go.
Can turn it up a bit too when I listen to deep pedal organ notes. But normally, other than extremes like these, my TOnes are set and my sub is set and I am good to go with music.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 4 months ago
Hi Wayne,

You might consider my approach -- separate and dedicated subs for music and movie. With your combined setup, you could send the LFE signal from your AV Receiver to both subs, then place each sub on a remotely-controlled power outlet. Turn off the AC to the "Music" sub and dial the "Movie" sub in. Turn the "Movie" sub AC off and dial in the "Music" sub.

Works for me.

Best,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• AlwaysLearning's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
AlwaysLearning Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi Guys, Apologies for beating a dead horse and bringing this thread back to life! I have a similar problem in lack of bass when listening to music in Stereo mode (Denon x3300) (Triton 3's) I was reading this thread with eager anticipation and the solution ended up being buying/switching equipment, which is what I would like to try and avoid (At least for right now). I have the same hook-up... Speakers set to Large and LFE cables hooked up to both speakers. Movies sound great but the bass seems to be completely missing when in stereo listening to music. The base is better if i select pure or direct mode but not sure why. I have tried selecting sub yes and sub no but no difference. Anybody have a similar set-up/equipment and found a solution?

Thanks in advance

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Assuming both speakers are working properly, it sounds like something is not sending a full range signal. If they are in fact set to Large then it is not the receiver's issue, has to be the source. One way to avoid that is to make sure to use the digital output of your stereo source equipment. If the sound is fine on movies, it's not the speakers or the receiver.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Hello Un-named User,

Look through your Denon amp settings carefully. Look for a "Double Bass" or "Analog Bass" setting. This setting sends analog bass signals directly to the LFE ports while, at the same time, sending a full range signal to the speaker inputs - thus effectively creating a double bass effect. If your Denon has this capability, turn it on and see what you think. Caution: turn the Triton LFE level controls down to about the 9:00 setting before playing anything with the Double Bass feature turned on.

Best,

Art

• AlwaysLearning's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
AlwaysLearning Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Thank you for the replies. I didn't put too much thought into the source. I experience this when streaming through a device such as a Sonos connect or a Chromecast Audio, both of which occupy the analog CD or similar input. Would that be the reason? I'll also play around and see if I can find the double base setting.

Thanks again

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Missing Bass When Playing Stereo Content