file Triton Reference And 4 Ohm Setting

• stereo5's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
stereo5 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Wayne, yes I still have and love the MC152 amp. I am done with the system, no more replacing components. After a lot of listening, I went back to the 8 ohm setting on the amp and tweaked the position of the Triton References. I am now getting everything I want out of the system and it does sound fuller on the 8 ohm setting. Unfortunately for me, My McIntosh C2500 tube preamp has developed a problem where sometimes it will not turn on. I have to manually re-set the processor then it works. Tomorrow I am driving 300 miles each way to exchange the preamp for another of the same. The dealer has been very good to me. I tried to get my wife to go with me tomorrow but it is supposed to be in the 90's and she can't be in the sun for a 10 hour road trip so I have to go alone.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Stereo5:
Thanks for the information on the MC152. I'll be ordering one tomorrow. Should be a phenomenal amp paired with my PrimaLuna Preamp.

Have a Great trip tomorrow. I asked my wife if she would go with me if I was in your situation. She replied, "of course". If you would like to borrow her...she's yours. Just have her back by supper time.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

• HTSME's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 287
HTSME Posted 6 years 3 months ago

anthem wrote: Stereo5:
Thanks for the information on the MC152. I'll be ordering one tomorrow. Should be a phenomenal amp paired with my PrimaLuna Preamp.

Have a Great trip tomorrow. I asked my wife if she would go with me if I was in your situation. She replied, "of course". If you would like to borrow her...she's yours. Just have her back by supper time.

I laughed at your response....so you are lending your wife out for trips. :lol: Very very funny.

Del
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Anthem...……………………..

That is very generous of you and your wife! My wife suffers from an extreme form of rosacea and If she did go with me, even with the ac blasting (which it will be) the sun would do a job on her. It would take weeks for her skin to calm down again. I asked her really just to be nice. We don't take trips in the Summer because of her condition. Usually we will go away in mid-October.

I'm not really looking forward to the long ride but I am retired and a little bored these days. I am hoping this little trip is just what I need. Good luck on your big purchase, you are going to love the amp. As the amp works well with my tube preamp, I am positive you will love it with your Prima Luna. One of my not too distant friends has a Prima Luna dialog HP Monoblock's and their top preamp. I visited him a year or so ago and the system was total magic. If I ever get back into tubes, it will be with Prima Luna Equipment. I had the Prima Luna CD player for a couple of years. I sold it and could kick myself now for doing so.

I hope you give us your impressions on your amp once you get it set up. Wait till you hear how deep the bass goes with the McIntosh amp, and the sound is effortless. I was playing something and used the spl meter app on my iPhone and I was getting 100DB sound pressure levels with the meters only hitting 15 watts!! Enjoy.
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Stereo5, safe travels, that is a long trip!!!!
Bro Anthem, you can send Juanita over here, I can see she is not appreciated enough by you, except at supper time.
Stereo5, you said, "I am done with the system, no more replacing components".
Famous Last Words around here my friend!!!!!!
We will see how long that lasts!!!!!
Good luck IF you can do it.
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stereo5

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I left at 5:15am today and got there around 10:30. I got stopped by a State Trooper on i88 in New York. He got me doing 80 in a 65 zone. I was extremely polite to him and he was just one big prick. He asked me if I knew the speed limit and I told him my GPS said it is 75, he said it was 65 and that I should have known that. I told him I was not from the area and had no idea. I have no clue how much the ticket will be because I have to plead guilty and wait for the court to mail me the fine. I am sure it's in the hundreds. That totally ruined my day! My first ticket in over 20 years.

I picked up the preamp and made it home by 5pm. 600 miles of driving and my2017 Hyundai Elantra got 46mpg doing 80 with the AC blasting. Stuck in traffic on the interstate for almost an hour. They shut down the interstate to place a beam on a new bridge that is being built. So after a lot of aggravation, I made it home. I hooked up the preamp and am letting it cook. I'll report back tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Reference And 4 Ohm Setting