file Asymmetrical toe useful?

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
charliehatch Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Thanks for the pictures. I love seeing other people's rooms. Your headphone idea is good, and it sounds like you're getting where you want to be. Great!

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• charliehatch's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 904
charliehatch Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Cxp,

I've been looking at your pictures, and your room looks pretty live, not a lot of absorption materials. You might try clapping your hands at your listening position and see if you hear multiple echoes. If so, you might consider adding more absorption to the walls or floor.

Another idea, depending on how flexible your positions are, is to rotate your entire system so that the speakers are equidistant from that corner. That would put the TV in front of the corner. It might also mitigate some of the window reflection issue. Just a thought.

Charlie
Digital source > multiple boxes and cables that are always changing > Triton Reference speakers
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 6 years 6 months ago
This thread is very interesting reading. I have experimented with various toe angles for my Front Triton Ones. Currently, I have them slightly toed in, but not pointed at my PLP. In fact, they are pointed to spots well outside my PLP, meaning that the toe-in angle is much less than what would be the case if they were pointed at my PLP.

What I am seeking is a "source-less soundstage" - meaning that I want as wide a soundstage as possible, but without being able to identify either speaker as a sound source. This quest is greatly influenced by the types of music to which I listen and to the recording techniques used by the recording engineers for the various recordings.

I am convinced that there is probably no perfect placement or orientation. I listen primarily to classical orchestral and vocal/choral music, so I will accept less than perfect results when playing jazz or other music styles, if my primary listening interests are best satisfied by a specific arrangement.

My situation is also affected by the use of a pair of Triton Sevens, located to the sides and behind my PLP, which are driven by a separate amp and connected as "Fronts" -- plus another pair of SuperSat 3s sitting in the Rear and connected to the same separate amp as Surrounds. With these extra speakers, I can significantly alter the sound character of the room.

Happy listening,

Art
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, charliehatch, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Asymmetrical toe useful?