file Triton 3's, new some cosmetic help.....

• Bluesman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Bluesman Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Greetings all. I recently purchased a pair of Triton 3's from a gent (newbie) on Audiogon. They were rated as "9's" as they had seen little use. He mentioned that they had some marks on the top caps caused by the contractors who were renovating his living room. When they arrived to me they were certainly less than "9's". As I didn't want to re-ship them we negotiated the price back down, he was quite apologetic and a gentleman. Now, those shiny top caps are marred and the socks look to have acquired some "dust" from sheetrock. I'm a bit anal about the appearance of my gear so I contacted GE to inquire about replacement socks and caps, ouch! Replacing both would be a considerable expense and may not make sense financially. Does anyone have any advise on polishing the caps and cleaning the socks deeper that a cursory vacuuming?
Thanks!
Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hi Bluesman,

The top cap is actually a painted and polished part so anything that can remove fine scratches from a painted surface will work fine. If the scratches are deep into the finish, they won't be able to be made to look "like new".

The sock, if not torn, can be vacuumed and, my favorite trick, a lint brush (you know, the ones that are a roll of masking tape) will do a pretty snappy job of cleaning them up. If they are at all saggy, you can also pull them up tight for a fresher look.

Hope this helps, enjoy your speakers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Bluesman

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hey Dan the Bluesman,
Pls let us know what you try and how it worked out for you. We are all rooting for you, and I for one could benefit from your
experience. I have a little buffing out I need to do.
Any pics might be of interest too.
Just sayin'
Hope it works great, God bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Bluesman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
Bluesman Posted 7 years 3 months ago
I will. Actually, I know a guy that has an auto body shop. I thought about having him spray them. Has to be cheaper than replacing at $75.00 a pop....
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 3's, new some cosmetic help.....