file Triton Ones with Additional Subwoofer set up?

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
It does seem preference for relative LFE SL, front vs back, varies. My T1's LFE SL's as fronts are 3-4 db's higher than my T2 surrounds, even though the receiver gains for the T1's are set lower (-5 db) than the T2's at +1 db. T1's do play more bass at similar gains than T2's.

Whatever works! Nothing beats trying for yourself.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Em84's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Em84 Posted 7 years 6 months ago
Wowza, 4 subs. I think that's the ideal number for a typical square/rectangular room, for no dead spots.... In terms of the calculations/physics. It's possible with 2 or 3 I remember reading but then the geometry of the room has to be ideal. But 4 is the magical number that almost negates all other factors I think lol

And no dead spots for all listening positions is the holy grail ! Kudos.

I plan to add a pair of Forcefield subs one day. So I would the Triton One's in the front corners and pair of Forecefield subs in the back corners. Basically just for a 2.4 channel setup. I'll get around to it one day lol

I like the idea of splitting one of the sub-outs to cover the centre front and centre rear and the other sub outs to cover the L/R Tritons.

Good luck ! PS, i'm very jealous !

lol
sonicTransporter i5 & Roon Server > Digi+ PRO > Mojo > Dialogue Premium HP > GE Triton Ones

Analysis Plus Speaker Cables, Interconnects & Power Cables
Elgar Ultra High Isolation Transformer
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun

• Ed Verlie's Avatar Offline
  • Triton 1 owner
    • Thank you received: 3
Ed Verlie Posted 5 years 11 months ago
Perfect scenario for me. My best sound ever was my triton 7s with the svs pb16 ultra. Then I found a flaw with the pb16 ultra and took it back. I then bought the triton 1s. They don't sound as good as the old set up. So now I'm thinking of adding a pb16 ultra with the triton 1s. I am running audyssey. As configured now with just the tritons I am running them full spectrum without using the lfe from the denon. The bass is "nice".....I don't want nice bass, I'm a basshead. I did find that running the denon full spectrum with audyssey gave me incredible sound stage and imaging but the bass was tight but lacking. When I ran the system 'direct' with no audyssey the bass deepened dramatically but I lost the imaging, and even being a basshead this was unacceptable...I'm hoping to get the pb16 and have the best of both worlds, any input from you all?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 5 years 11 months ago
Hi Ed and welcome here!!!
As one basshead to another, glad you are here and I liked your comments.
Try to find a way to avoid Audyssey IF you can, it can make some improvements but there are a lot of trade offs where it messes up the sound too.
Have you considered the SB16 instead of the PB? I find it really smooth for music and powerful enough for movies. Yes, the PB will plumb the depths a touch more, but there again are some trade offs.
Anyway, great to have you here, thanks to join in.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Ed Verlie

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Ones with Additional Subwoofer set up?