file Triton Twos: How to diagnose a bad sub amp?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 1 month ago

anynigma wrote: Can I pick any authorized dealer from the list, or do I need to take it back to the dealer I purchased from (not an option for me...)?

Only the selling dealer and GoldenEar is "obligated" to provide warranty service, but I believe all dealers will provide warranty support to a new customer in their area that needs support for their GoldenEar speakers. Give your closest dealer a call, or stop in, and I'm sure they will be helpful. If you have an issue, please call the office or email to our This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anynigma's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
anynigma Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by anynigma. info_outline
My local dealer is working with me to get my tower fixed. I told them about the issue, they called GoldenEar, and are about to order me a new amp board. They expect the board to arrive in 2-5 days and the repair to take 1 hour of service time. I'll provide an update once its complete.

GoldenEar is graciously providing the replacement part for free! True professionals!

My new receiver arrives tomorrow, so I'll have to wait for the repair to do room correction :(

Can't wait :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 1 month ago
Anynigma,

I'm glad you were able to find a good local dealer to provide support. That's good to hear that the repair will be fast and simple. It says a lot that GET is standing behind their products after the warranty expires! I have to say, I don't think I've ever experienced that. The service life of the active electronics were the only concern I had about buying active towers. This certainly provides me a bit of reassurance. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I look forward to hearing how your system all comes together once you have everything in place.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395

• anynigma's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
anynigma Posted 9 years 2 weeks ago
Hey All,

A final update for you! My local shop offered convenient times for pick up and drop off. Evidently, there are 2 boards in a Triton 2 speaker, and GE recommended the shop replace both. GE sent the 2 replacement boards direct to the shop with fast shipping, and in one day the shop repaired my speaker. They tested it by listening to it for an hour, and made sure the sub amps were operating well. They boxed everything up, and they couldn't remember if they included the power cable, so they just gave me another.

The repair cost $150 total in labor, and I was very pleased to pay the shop for work well done.

Plugging them in and hearing BOTH speakers' subs firing was like pulling over on the highway and rolling the windows down to listen to the thunder.

HUGE thanks to Golden Ear for comping the parts to my favorite living room components, and thank you to the community for your suggestions and Mod Support.

You guys rock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Twos: How to diagnose a bad sub amp?