file Triton One and AMP question

• BobH's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
BobH Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by BobH. Reason: Changing the LM model to LM 501A info_outline
Hi All,

Thought I would ask a quick question about the Triton Ones. Will be for 2 channel. As background, I've been without music for a few years. Went to listen to some speakers at a friends house and even my wife liked the idea of getting a new system.
We've been looking at a lot of speakers and our friend said to try to find some "Golden Ears". New to me but we did find a dealer and went to listen to the 5s. We liked them and then tried the ones. They were great!

At first I was going to go AVR but we don't get into movies that much so we decided to go IA. I'm going to go back and listen with a Line Magnetic 518IA and get a Line Magnetic DAC as well. Probably tie in SONOS after a while.

Actually considering the 501IA. This one is 100W. The shop had both.

I am wondering if the LM is overkill and maybe a Rogue IA would be just fine?

I will try the LM combo next week. The shop was breaking in a new LM beast of an AMP with B&W 82 diamonds and I didn't want to make him change that.

Any thoughts?
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
BobH,

I don't know a lot about tubes or the amp you referred to; however, the Hegel H-160 Was pretty amazing with the T1s. I believe it would be worth your time to seek out for an audition. Great sound and more play back options. Whichever way you go, it will sound great!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 2 months ago
BobH: I think you're on the right track with the Line Magnetic gear. Tritons love tubes, and you don't need alot of wattage to power them.

12 Questions for Sandy Gross, the Cofounder of Three Legendary Audio Companies:

GM: How about your favorite product some else created?

SG: This is a hard one to choose, so I’m going to talk about three products that I love: First, my Ferrari 599. The 599 is an extraordinary achievement in both industrial design (it’s absolutely gorgeous) and performance (it handles like it’s on rails and is gloriously fast). And, best of all, it is fun.

Second, my Apple iPad Mini. I carry my iPad Mini with me almost everywhere. It connects me to the world with a much larger screen than a smart phone, but still is an overall size that is very manageable. And it allows me to have my art collection at my fingertips. Also, wonderful industrial design, which I am very into.

Third, I suppose I should also choose a piece of audio gear. I choose my Line Magnetic 219A SET tube integrated amplifier. I love tube amplifiers and preamplifiers, and have wonderful ones from Audio Research, Atmasphere, Aesthetix etc. However my Line Magnetic 219A is something truly retro and very cool. It is huge, weighs 120 pounds, and puts out only 24 watts a channel. Being single-ended, which is a very pure way of handling the signal used in very early amplifier designs, it is very inefficient, but does sound wonderful. And industrial design-wise, it is a beast but beautiful in its own way.

Need I say more?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hey T Cobe,
I told you that you are articulate and well spoken, give great reviews.
You were just quoted by the GEt team in their FaceBook. Well done Dude!!!
You just became a STAR!!!!
Good on you, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thanks, Wayne. I'm not sure about being a star. I can't even get my wife to appreciate my candor. Curious choice in quotes on the eve of the release of the SuperSubXXL but I certainly stand by my description. With my additional amplification and acoustic treatments, my bass is even better today. Happy listening and watching!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 9 years 2 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hey T Cobe,
I told you that you are articulate and well spoken, give great reviews.
You were just quoted by the GEt team in their FaceBook. Well done Dude!!!
You just became a STAR!!!!
Good on you, God Bless,
Wayne

Way to go, T Cobe!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton One and AMP question