file Should i get a more powerful amp for Triton 7's?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Hi ckubs,
Please let us know what it sounds like when you get things hooked up and running?
We are excited for you!!!!
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Eric Tichi's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 76
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Eric Tichi Posted 9 years 5 months ago
I am in the same boat, mate. I have a upa-700 though. Same 80 W but I got the upa-700 for the 60,000 uF capacitance. However, the more I read about amplifiers and more I talked to people that knew their $h!t about amps I wanted to upgrade. I ended up buying a used Anthem A5. The more I look at Emotiva, the more I see how they cut corners in order to get cost down. They are an incredible bang for buck but they are not the best. I have no issues buying a used amp better amp for 1/4 the cost and knowing it is superior to a new Emotiva.

On another note, I have 2 SVS PB-2000 so my bass is bad to the bone. I intend to crossover lower and allow the towers to play more of the range. Having the extra power will allow it to happen.

For the record, I like Emotiva and own their products. But I get a little tired of rhetoric from the internets that they are the end all be all in amplification.
Play it loud.

Emotiva UMC-200
Parasound A21
Parasound A23
Triton 5 L/R
SuperCenter XXL
Dayton 18 sealed (DIY)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Should i get a more powerful amp for Triton 7's?