question-circle Triton One with Dual LFE Output Pioneer SC-89

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
As described in the manual and on the setup tips, don't do that. Powered Triton Towers should, generally, never be set to small. There is nothing predictable about the results you will get with all the crossovers on top of one another, and you will destroy one of the most significant benefits of the powered Triton Towers, bass integration. (No offense to Wayne and his particular setup, of course.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Thank you for the reply. I was just wondering if this may be part of the reason Wayne may be having difficulty in integrating his FF5 with his T2s and T3s. I May be wandering down a rabbit hole that doesn't need exploring. In any case, thank you for the response.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Hi T Cobe and all,
Good questions, I should have explained that with my setup I am setting my bass in my Marantz AV7005 at Main + LFE.
That way nothing is lost and my sub plays on music, not just movies.
I know some people are referring to this a "enhanced bass" or that the bass is doubled. But I don't find that is what is going on in my processor. Or, in other words, that is the only way I can get my bass and eat it too.
But with my T 2s, I cross over the FF5 at 40 hz, so the T 2s play low, but the FF5 plays lower.
I hope this helps and sorry to confuse.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Eric Carpenter's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
Eric Carpenter Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Thanks everyone. I am still trying to research whether or not my Pioneer Elite SC-89 causes an issue or not. I'm hoping not so I can stick with just using speaker wire only. I was kind of curious about using MCACC Pro in the speaker wire + Subwoofer cable configuration, since it calibrates for 2 subs, but even when saving to a new memory slot, it changes the speaker settings across all calibrations. Was hoping to do some easy back and forth comparisons or use 5.2.4 for movies and then switch to a 5.0.4 calibration for music. The reason why is with some music and in some situations I like "Dolby Surround" turned on (not to be confused with past iterations Dolby also simply called Dolby Surround).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton One with Dual LFE Output Pioneer SC-89