file Triton 2 new AV amp

• Runawayjim's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Runawayjim Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Let me first say I am totaly new to this. I have owned the same system for 20 years
I have resently bought Triton 2s - I am running on an Onkyo 636 and not real happy
I like the sorround sound and watching movies point of the AV receivers. No sub using the Tritons only
I think I need a better receiver.
Would like to go with an all in one AV budget about 1000.00 to 1200.00
I do like some of the bells and wistles on the Yamaha/Pioneer/Sony ---This is all I know as well - Really like my friends yamaha-but he does not have Tritons

What do I get? -- Music#1 then Games and movies

Lasty --Again I new - See attached photo for my set up. Thinking of get little smaller TV---Hanging and moving speakers so a wall is behind the Tritons instead of a window ---Thoughts or can I keep my big TV
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 7 months ago

Runawayjim wrote: Let me first say I am totaly new to this. I have owned the same system for 20 years
I have resently bought Triton 2s - I am running on an Onkyo 636 and not real happy
I like the sorround sound and watching movies point of the AV receivers. No sub using the Tritons only
I think I need a better receiver.
Would like to go with an all in one AV budget about 1000.00 to 1200.00
I do like some of the bells and wistles on the Yamaha/Pioneer/Sony ---This is all I know as well - Really like my friends yamaha-but he does not have Tritons

What do I get? -- Music#1 then Games and movies

Lasty --Again I new - See attached photo for my set up. Thinking of get little smaller TV---Hanging and moving speakers so a wall is behind the Tritons instead of a window ---Thoughts or can I keep my big TV

Best bang/fit would be a Marantz. Yamaha sound doesnt match well with Goldenear speakers for some people. Pioneer/Sony usually somewhat inferior to Marantz. Alternative to Marantz would be Denon.
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Marantz is very good and very popular. We have also used and recommend receivers from Anthem, Arcam, Integra, NAD, Pioneer Elite, to name a few other brands to consider.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hey Runawayjim,
Good questions and a REALLY good start on your system!!!!
#1 I love the Triton 2s!!!!
#2 I would keep the TV!!!!
#3 I would move the Triton 2s away from the TV, let all three of those big boys breathe!!!!!
#4 I believe you will be happy no matter what way you go, I guess if we were voting, I would go with Marantz too, I have used one for years. It is not gonna be as good as separate pre-amp/processor and power amp but you are building a system that will bring lots of joy for a long time!!!!
Have fun with it, enjoy the fun of building a system with the best sound that you can afford.
Enjoy the music, the tunes are really what it is all about.
And please keep us informed on what you decide and how it sounds?
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Yes, regarding setup, unless you are sitting five feet in front of them, the speakers are much too close together. Move them all the way to the left and right and toe them in toward the center. Ideally, you want them as far apart a you are sitting from them. They will also sound much better further away from that big flat reflecting surface of the TV.

And yes, absolutely keep the big TV.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
You might also look at the Denon AVR-4100W...has Atmos and some nice bells & whistles.

As for the "BIG TV"...put it in my garage...when you get to town, give me a call, I'll give you the garage code.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton 2 new AV amp