file Left speaker slow to start up.

• jra_samba's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jra_samba Posted 9 years 9 months ago
I recently bought a pair of Triton One's - I LOVE THE SOUND (had to get that off my chest :-).

However I'm driving them using the pre-amp out of a Pioneer SC-1222K receiver going into an old Emotiva 7-channel MPS-1 power amp, and I find when the system first turns on the right channel Triton one starts up almost immediately (within 2-3 seconds or so) as soon as the Emotiva detects a signal from the receiver and the blue channel light comes on on the Emotiva. However the left channel Triton one stays off for 10 - 20 seconds, even though the blue light is on on the front panel of the Emotiva for that channel (although the left channel light on the Emotiva always seems to take longer to come on and detect the signal - by a second or so).

If I wait, or turn the receiver off then on again, the left channel Triton one will always start (although one time it stuttered playing the music intermittently for 5 seconds or so before coming on fully). Once the left Triton is on and working it stays that way very happily.

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing this ? I'm using banana plugs on the Tritons and the Emotiva ends of the cable, and I just unscrewed and re-screwed the left channel cable to see if it was a bad connection. More testing tomorrow (I have to wait for the system to turn itself off before re-testing and one it's on I'd rather listen to some music so this is taking a while to track down).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Hi jra_samba,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the Triton Ones.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I am almost 100% certain that problem is with your amps.
Probably better to list this question on the Emotiva forum.
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Have you tried swapping, switching (a switch from one to another) the speaker cables? If the problem remains, it's not the Emotiva amp causing the problem.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Yes, what anthem said, this is the first step in troubleshooting. If the problem stays with the speaker (not the amp channel) when you swap the speaker cables, call your GoldenEar dealer for support. Never heard of this issue, so I'm guessing Wayne is right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Thanks everyone for the helpful ideas. I'll do some more debugging and report back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

It turned out to be a bad connection on the left speaker banana plug. I redid the connection, tried swapping the wires and now all is well, both Tritons start up immediately.

Thanks very much to everyone who offered help and advice !

Off-topic, but the soundstage on these speakers is *amazing* :-). Listening to a concert performance last night brought me to tears. It feels like I'm in the hall (running from SONOS -> Chord Hugo DAC -> Emotiva AMP).

Amazing job on the Tritons. I look forward to getting home every night and picking something new to listen to !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Left speaker slow to start up.