file Triton Two and another Sub/LFE question

• Coopaw's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Coopaw Posted 10 years 8 months ago

Moderator wrote:

When the AVR is set to large for the mains and XO the sub at 120, does that send ALL info below 120 to the sub or only LFE info.

Only LFE, as long as the sub is set to Yes and front mains to Large - and no "double-bass" type option has been selected.

Ok, so do I have this right;
Sub on, Mains large = LFE only below XO go to sub and all freqs. go to mains including NON LFE freq below XO.
Sub on, Mains Small = LFE below XO go Sub as well as all regular freq below XO go to the sub as, well taking load of Mains for std. low freq.?

I have the "double bass option but never considered adding that to the mix and how that plug into the large small equation.

Thanks for being patient. It's not that i haven't tried to research this. I'm just looking in the wrong place I guess, I appreciate the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Correct. (Double-bass setting will not yield good results and should be avoided.)

• Stickday's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 6
Stickday Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Hey Coopaw,

Sorry off topic, but I had posted elsewhere on the forum asking anyone to compare DefTechs to the the Tritons. You did post you LOVE these GEs more than your DT 7006s. Just wondering your thoughts. With the rear-firing DTs is would seem the soundstage would be bigger? One person's review of the Tritons was that the sweet spot was just too small... move a seat over and the GEs lose their beauty. Again, sounds like you LOVE the GEs and I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair so could you elaborate? Describe the high end difference maybe? Were you using a sub on the DTs?

OK ya, I'm a bit of an analytic! Thanks for any insights, Stickday

• Coopaw's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
Coopaw Posted 10 years 4 months ago
My room is narrow and long so my seating position is pretty focused. I find the highs more detailed and the bass much tighter. I find the imaging more pin point but again I don't have a broad seating position. For music I don't think there is any question the GE's are better. For Movies, the Def-techs are still very good but I still prefer the GE's I just find them tighter and more accurate. YMMV!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Two and another Sub/LFE question