file Setting bass level on Tritons

• mark_b's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mark_b Posted 10 years 9 months ago
What do you think of the following approach to setting the sub level on Triton 3s (via Andrew Robinson in his HTR review)? I'm using the GE recommended approach of just connecting via speaker wire.

First, turn off both subs, which you can accomplish by unplugging the speakers from the wall. This will ensure that only the top half of the speaker is operational. Using your AV preamp or receiver's tone generator, measure the output of each speaker from your primary listening position using an SPL meter. Note number and write it down. Now, unplug both speakers from your preamp/receiver and connect them, one at a time, to your preamp/receiver's subwoofer out. With your SPL meter still in your primary listening space, use the dial on the back of each speaker to bring each subwoofer up to the same SPL level as the top of the speaker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I do not think this guarantees you any particularly good results, for a variety of reasons. I'd skip all the hassle, set the speakers up where they need to be in the room (balancing your needs and theirs, as necessary) and then adjust the bass level to taste/room. Start with the control around 10 o'clock. You can do one speaker at a time in mono also, to adjust them individually to room location/taste.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Setting bass level on Tritons