file onkyo receiver with a stereo amp vs a NAD 757

• Pitkow33's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 39
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Pitkow33 Posted 10 years 10 months ago
hi, how will you be using the system - stereo music, or home theatre? Seems the latter but just checking...
Mac Mini Server (2012 version) w/ Roon Server -> Naim Nova -> NAC A5 Speaker Cable -> Goldenear Triton 2s
Airtunes -> Naim Nova for convenience, Tidal, Spotify via Roon or Naim App
UpTone Audio LPS 2 Power Supply, PS Audio Dectet
GAIA II feet for Triton 2s
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Kagi,
I agree with Anthem. I'm a big fan of Emotiva. Emotiva is a lot like GoldenEar in the sense that you get a lot of bang for your your buck. The sound quality far exceeds the price. Customer service is fantastic and they are built like a tank. I have an XPA-5, like Anthem suggested. It sounds great with the GoldenEars, plenty of power and headroom. Emotiva does not have any dealers, they are mail order only. You will have to depend on reading reviews. However, they do have a 30 day money back if you are not satisfied.

• kagi's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
kagi Posted 10 years 10 months ago
So here's what I've decided to do finally. Big thanks also to Steve Guttenberg (from CNET) who's been very responsive in his communications.

I'm getting the Onkyo NR717 for now. Will get an amp next year and use the onkyo for a pre-amp only. This keeps my spend low and I can possibly pick up a much needed media cabinet!

Btw, I picked up the Seven yesterday. Felt GOOOD :)

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers onkyo receiver with a stereo amp vs a NAD 757