file Two Sub Pre Outs

• mjharden's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mjharden Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Hi Sandy,

Hoping for a pair of Triton Twos for Christmas along with a SuperCenter. I currently own a fairly new HSU VTF-15h. My Marantz 6008 has two Sub Pre Outs. I understand your recommendation of running the Tritons as Large; but can I run my HSU VTF-15h out of one of the Sub Pre Outs and turn Subwoofer to On?

For one, I love my HSU; but also, I definitely need multiple subs in our room. It is a very, very large room with cathedral ceilings, and it opens to the dining room, kitchen and a hallway!

Any comments would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 10 months ago

I understand your recommendation of running the Tritons as Large; but can I run my HSU VTF-15h out of one of the Sub Pre Outs and turn Subwoofer to On?

Hi - sorry not Sandy :). Yes, keep Tritons' set to Large, switch sub to Yes. All LFE channel information will now be sent to the sub instead of the Tritons.

I definitely need multiple subs in our room

You already have multiple subs with the Tritons, but adding the LFE sub will not give you any additional duplication as LFE will only be coming from the one sub. The advantage will be higher playing ceiling for movies because the Tritons' subs will no longer have to be playing the movie effects track too.

• mjharden's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
mjharden Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Ok, I see...this makes sense. I should have realized that. So to get more from LFE effect, I would still need to either add an additional HSU or run the other Sub Pre Out to the Tritons!

Either way, sounds good to me!

Thanks for the response.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back