file white power cords available?

• painter's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
painter Posted 11 years 7 months ago
I love my Triton 2's!

Now I've decided to clean up the appearance behind my equipment, and the black power cords stick out like a sore thumb on the carpet.

I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could find some suitable replacement WHITE power cords? Thanks!

(even better would be white power cords that are not kinked from being folded up during shipping)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 7 months ago
It is a standard IEC Power Cord, I am sure you can find an aftermarket replacement in white. Just search "white IEC power cord", you'll get several choices.

• painter's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
painter Posted 11 years 7 months ago
I had tried some searches before, but wasn't having much luck ... I didn't know much about how power cords were rated / typed / etc.

The Triton 2 power cords aren't the very common grounded computer power supply cords that are readily available, but a very similar ungrounded look-alike.

After some digging, I've learned that the speaker-side connector is called "C17" and the outlet-side is just a standard NEMA connector (ungrounded). I haven't had any luck locating these power cords, particularly in white.

I was hoping there might be a known supplier for these cords that could be provided. Or a suggested alternative. Could (should?) a standard grounded computer power cord (these have "C13" connectors) be used ... where the ground wire simply wouldn't be in contact? Are there any particular ratings that need to be satisfied ... other than the 18 AWG (10A) size?

Thanks!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Sorry, yes, should have mentioned that... just use the three conductor version. As long as the gauge (at this length) is the same or higher (lower number), that's all you need.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers white power cords available?