question-circle Triton 1s; SSXXL Home Thearer LFE help!!!!

• kp2781's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
kp2781 Posted 2 years 9 months ago
Hello GE fans!! Hope all are doing well and enjoying December!!

I badly need help with some connection/configuration, but first up.. here is my setup.

Speakers: 3 Triton 1s as L, C and R sitting behind a 150" acoustically transparent screen
Subs: 2 SuperSub XXL also sitting behind the screen
Surrounds: 2 sides and 2 rears invisa MPX
Atmos: 4 HTR7000 - 2 for front row and 2 for rear row
Pre-Pro - Marantz 7705
Amps - 1. Emotiva 3 channel dedicated for 3 Triton Ones 2. 8 channel in 4-2S config for surrounds

See pic attached of the fronts.

My biggest question is.. how to run my LCR?

Option 1 - run then large (full range) and don't run LFE to them? Only run LFE to the 2 XXLs? If so, should the Bass setting be LFE+Main or just LFE?

Option 2 - run them small and run LFE to LCR and 2 XXLs - that way having 5 subs? If so, should the Bass setting be LFE+Main or just LFE?

Option 3 - Run them large, and also run LFE cable to LCR and SSXXL.. still making it a 5 subs setup? And if so, what should be the bass setting? Also, if I run them large.. and if I run LFE cable to them, would it not be redundant?

Am very confused and would very highly appreciate your help.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 2 years 9 months ago
Hi kp2781, This sounds like it will be an awesome home theater theater. I would be inclined to go with option #1. I'd let the front threes speakers play as large speakers, and let your dual SuperSub XXL subwoofers handle the LFE bass channel of your system. I would suspect having 5 x subwoofers sharing the LFE bass signal would be a bit overkill. Happy Listening

• blistn2's Avatar Offline
  • TRs Front LFE1, SC XXL Center, T1s S Sur. LFE2
    • Thank you received: 12
blistn2 Posted 2 years 8 months ago
You don't mention the size or shape of your room. Also, are you having any nulls or bumps in the bass in different areas of your room? If so, you might try moving the subs to a different place, maybe to the rear of your room. I like the idea of running your fronts large and the LFE just going to the subs. If you move the subs, you might try running LFE to all with the fronts still large and see how it sounds. Please let us know what you think sounds the best.

• lmclacr's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
lmclacr Posted 2 years 3 weeks ago
Looking at your post. You have a great setup.
How do you like the emotiva amp matching your Triton and the surround?
Are both amps XPA?

Looking to build this matching but curious to get feedback from. Other already running that pairing.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Triton 1s; SSXXL Home Thearer LFE help!!!!