file GET Life Style System

• Ziad's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Ziad Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Hello,

Though I am following this forum for almost 3 years, this is my first post.

I already know most of you and this forum helped me greatly in building my GET system.

Moderator dude, Wayne, r.john, T. Cob, Roman, anthem and all, you guys helped me a lot and I love you all.

I came to know about GET 3 years ago when planning a lifestyle system for my man's cave which is a penthouse I was constructing along with a new house.

Back then, I thought bose was the best and my plan was to go with a bose "yes I know!!". Searching for a bose I went to one of the city's high-end audio stores. A nice philipino sales man came to assist, I asked about the best bose system they carry when he gave me this weird look, a look of sympathy, empathy and sorrow. Then I saw his eyes glowing, I think he said to himself "This seems like an ignorate good guy, let me school him, boy he's learning something today". This is when he said "Sir, Pellow me"... so i followed him to the audition room. They had what I know know as definitive technology bipolar towers... I was mind blown! And I couldn't help myself laughing like an idiot when he said how about that bose system now !! .. funny short guy.

I knew that I am missing a lot, i like to know each and every detail when it comes to an element of my man's cave. So I had to put everything on hold, go back home & learn. Since DefTech was my starting point, I came across sandy in the search, Polk audio and offcours GoldenEar. I researched hard going all the way back to infinity, arnie nodell, ps audio paul mcgawin, genisis and their legendary giant towers, dr hail tweeters, Marantz, pass labs, peach tree, devialet and their "noisy and loud" phantom line and even emotiva... everything.

And when I decided on GoldenEar it was a very informed decision. The system I wanted was a lifestyle system that would sound like a triton "I know nothing would sound like a triton but a triton", getting close was enough for me. I dont have a space for a TREF, nor the budget being just getting out of financial stretch after done with house. I am extremly glad with the result, I can't imagine how could it get even better than this... no way !. The system is very straight forward 7 Supersat 3 "Fronts, sides, reares and center" + 2 Supersub X's. A 7.4.2 atmos system with all channels identical tone wise. All mated to a marantz avr 7011 & a Marantz PM5004.

Please feel free to share your thoughts. Or questions if you have... I think I've learned a thing or two in this amazing journey ;).

Below is a youtube link to the cave and singing GET's.

Best,

Ziad
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Ziad:
Welcome to the forum. You have a beautiful home. Even on your video, the SS3'S sound awesome, and I'll bet they sound even better in person. Congratulations, and remember, don't be a stranger...WE LOVE YOU TOO!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME, Ziad

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Wow, Ziad!

Great looking system and great setting! Well done!

Enjoy!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME, Ziad

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Welcome Ziad!!!!
Now that is the way to join in, WOW!!!!!
Color me IMPRESSED!!!!!!!
I guess you learned a lot and we can see you put it into action. I love the place, WELL DONE!!!!!
And the music looks and sounds great too!!!!
The translucent stone, is that Onyx? Brilliant, did you do all the decorating by yourself??????
You can come over and decorate my place anytime!!!!!
And we could listen to some tunes too!!!!
Don't be a stranger, thanks so very much for sharing!!!!!
I have run out of exclamation points now.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, HTSME, Ziad

• Ziad's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
Ziad Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Hey Anthem, Rick, Wayne.

It's really great hearing from you and I am humbled by your great & positive feedback. Something that comes along with this amazing sound of GET is meeting its fine fans and audio experts :).

SS3's were a true suprise to me to be honest, I was expecting a lot less as these are entry level which i picked for their looks. The 2 Supersub x's defy any possible law of physics... they leterally shake the entire house !!.

I call this part of the house "The cave" though it's on the 3rd floor as its inteded to be my man's cave, i don't have have a basement. Weird enough, the entire family is now using it as their favourite spot, including my wife !.

Wayne - The illuminated stones are Onyx, you're correct. Glad you liked the decoration, I've seen your theater and it's gorgious with those T1 & T2+ towers surrounding your red couches, excellent taste, God bless. For the onyx, what i did is some vague sketches which i gave to a contractor who took care of the rest. Go for LED panel back illumination if you're planning to install onyx... I couldn't source these here.

Best,

Ziad
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, rjohn79395, HTSME

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Good job, however.... been there, done that - you will upgrade.
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME, Ziad

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back