file GET Life Style System

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Again, AWESOME Ziad!!!!

Thanks for the answer, I tried to source onyx for similar use when I was building my home here in Thailand. I could not find a reasonably priced source, and it was either India or S'pore.
Just couldn't afford it. It looks amazing in your man cave!!!!
Well done!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395, Ziad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ziad's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
Ziad Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Hey Time Cob - Thanks a ton for chiming in, offcourse i will upgrade B)... The craving for more & more doesn't seem to stop and I can't help it but to enjoy the journey :cheer: . Was your upgrade a true leap forward, or just an improvement? ...

Hey Wayne - I was just lucky with those Onyx stones and got them for a true bargain from Dubai... (house is in Sudan / Africa) after losing hope to find any "they are expensive, hard to find and not very wide spread" i remember coming across good quality and reasonably priced ones from china on-line during my search, Alibaba website, they ship worldwide... Not sure about beautiful, green, piece of heaven & lovely Thiland, but Singapore is EXPENSIVE !!!

Best,

Ziad
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Welcome to GE. I buy the cheaper stuff .....well because I am a single income breadwinner as my wife is disabled and so is my son. So we keep our head above water but have not had a lot of elbow room to afford a lifestyle others here in the forum have. This makes me a budget audiophile. No...not complaining. I love my life. I just have to live within my means.

One of the most amazing things I love about the GE products is while you CAN spend a gazillion dollars on a setup....you do not HAVE to...to get amazing sound. Immersive and engaging sound can be had at a "beer budget"....and I like that our experiences in love of sound are similar and a bridge between us that we can all understand....no matter where we are in life.

For about $2,500....I can have about 7 - 8/10's sound quality of some of the best system here.

Congrats on your beautiful home.....and your awesome "lifestyle" system.

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME, Ziad

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Going from satellites to 7’s was a big improvement. Going to T2’s was an order of magnitude better... really amazing,
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME, Ziad

• Ziad's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
Ziad Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Hey Roman - Great hearing from you & Thanks a ton for the great feedback.

I've seen both of your systems, downstairs and upstairs as you described them and they are nothing but really great.

I remember once you've auditioned the TRefs and you were still caught up and preffering your own Aon based system (with the same GET DNA), Aons are tough cookies to crack ;) .

I think this is the beauty about GET, there is something for everyone and every product will sonically satisfy to the fullest + you can always upgrade if you needed and the time is right.

God bless you and bless your family.

Best,

Ziad
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, Roman Johnston, HTSME

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Well Ziad, impressed again, you built a beautiful place like that in Sudan???? Well done!!!!
Do they have GEt speakers in the Sudan or did you have to source those from Dubai as well?
Yeah, Dubai would have things like Onyx left over from all the fancy building they have done. Funny, Dubai was just a little, sandy, 3 camel town when I lived in nearby Kuwait in the late 90s. It sure has changed.
And I don't really deal with Alibaba, I remember the story of the thief all too well.
YES, S'pore is WAY expensive!!!!
Do you ever make it to Thailand? Thanks for the kind words about my adopted country. You will have to tell me if you are coming.

Bro Roman, I can appreciate all you said about being an audiophile on a budget. I am sooooo blessed that I have had a decent budget for my champagne tastes in the past, but it has become a beer budget now that I am retired.
I admire your supporting a disabled family. And happy to hear you are good with your lot in life. I think that is the key to happiness.
Love your photography!!!! It is great that GEt makes affordable speakers so we can have great sound on a budget.
Thankful as well,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, Roman Johnston, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back