file My System Ordered T1s and ATMOS setup

• blcskate's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
blcskate Posted 9 years 2 months ago
I just ordered my system and now its a short matter of time before I get it in. Here is what I ended up going with.

Triton One (Pair)
SuperCenter XXL
Invisa MPX (2 Pair - Side and Rear)
Invisa 525 (2 Pair - Ceiling ATMOS)

I am going to try it out with just using the Triton Ones and no dedicated sub for now. If that doesn't fill my room enough I am going to pick up the SuperSub XXL that was shown at CES this year.

I have two questions for everyone:
What is a good center stand for the SuperCenter XXL. This thing is a beast. I was looking at the Sanus 22" (have 33" to bottom of screen). I am worried about the size of the XXL though. Its massive.

Also would you wire the Triton One's LFE or run them as LARGE (Full) on the receiver to deliver more in the mid-bass?

Day 1 I am going to be using my Denon X2100W. This is a temp solution until ~October when the Anthem ATMOS stuff hits the market.

I will post some pictures when I get them in and the room is finished (really dark blue room and black trim so they will probably look invisible lol ).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Awesome. Congrats! You'll have to let us know how the Atmos sounds. I'm also looking to get my 7.2 to 7.2.4, but you chose .2, so I'd be interested to hear how that will sound and if I should go that route also.

As for T1 LFE vs Large, you may want to read Sandy's setup guides. There are threads discussing that here. I would experiment however, and know too that bass response has a lot to do with room modes. So you needing a subwoofer may come down to whether or not you can use room correctly to compensate for the peaks. Speaker placement and room layout/size have a lot to do with it too.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Check out my lengthy recent posts regarding my Triton One connection and setup experiments with regard to bass response.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Blcskate,

Congrats on the order! That's all going to sound GREAT! Please post pics as you get things in place. I've been contemplating a stand for that SCXXL as well. I may end up with some sort of low profile AV cabinet under my projection screen to hold the center up top and mono blocks underneath.

Regarding T1 set up, I use LFE inputs and run the speakers as large/full. The T1s can put out a TON of bass. You won't need anything more; however, you may want more. It all depends on your preferences. I'd like another sub behind my primary listening position for better dispersion. Right now I'm at -7 dB on my sub settings in my receiver and at the 12:00 position on the gain know on the T1s. With these settings, I'm still running about 5 dB higher than reference. My room is also quite large and is open to adjoining space. Probably close to 2,000 square feet, so I would like a little more pressurization and dispersion.

Good luck getting everything in place and tuned up. Exciting times ahead! Enjoy the journey!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago

Blcskate,
That should be an AWESOME system, I am JEALOUS!!!!!
Enjoy the challenge of getting it all together and please send pics and report back how it sounds?
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System My System Ordered T1s and ATMOS setup