file Excited to Join the GoldenEar Community and want to learn new things here!

• mitchemitchel's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mitchemitchel Posted 3 weeks 14 hours ago
Hi there,

I am new here and very excited, to join this community.. I am excited to learn and share experiences with fellow audio enthusiasts. I have always been passionate about great sound and have heard amazing things about GoldenEar products. This seems like the perfect place to dive deeper into the world of high--quality audio.

I am particularly interested in any beginner tips you might have. Also, if there are any threads or topics you recommend for a newbie like me, please let me know.

Thanks for having me here. I’m looking forward to contributing and learning from everyone.

With Regards,

Mitchel Johnsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 weeks 3 days ago
Hi Mitchel, Welcome to the GoldenEar forum! Presuming you're starting "from scratch" and entering the world of high quality audio, I would suggest starting out by selecting a pair of speakers that truly meet your needs (or speakers that produce the level of sound quality you're searching for). This will include what size speaker is acceptable along with what price range - and what level of sound quality you're looking for. (With high quality audio, the sky is the limit.) Anyway, if you're thinking of a reference quality bookshelf speaker, I would recommend auditioning the BRXs. The BRXs truly bring high quality audio into a bookshelf sized speaker. Ultimately, you'd want to add a musically accurate subwoofer to them as well....The SuperSub X would be a great choice.

If you're looking for a tower speaker, the T66 would be a great choice. The T66 is first and foremost musically accurate it would definitely be at home in a high-end audio system.

Next, you'll want to add a high quality, high current amplifier to your system - as well as a high quality music source - like a quality music streamer/DAC.

A set of high quality, musically accurate speakers....a high quality, high current amplifier, and a quality music streamer will get you started. A turntable would be awesome, but if you do not have any records, the investment can add up quickly.

Let us know if you already have a system and are looking to upgrade. Feel free to contact GoldenEar's customer service as well. They're available for recommendations. You can reach them at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Problems and Solutions Excited to Join the GoldenEar Community and want to learn new things here!