file Hanging BRX from ceiling for surround channels

• gsk's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
gsk Posted 3 months 5 days ago
I'm planning a home theater system using Golden Ear. I'd like to use BRX (Bookshelf Reference) for the surround channels but need to mount/hang them from the ceiling (stand mount isn't practical in the room). Do the BRX have any kind of mounting holes on the bottom? If so, is there any problem with mounting them "upside down"? If not, any suggestions on how one might mount them from the ceiling?

I'm also wondering which Invisa speakers would be best for atmos (4 of them): 525, 650, HTR 7000, or HTR 8000.

For the fronts, I'm planning either Triton Reference or T66 (LR) and SuperCenter Reference (C).

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gsk's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
gsk Posted 3 months 5 days ago
Might it make sense to use HTR 7000/8000s for the surround channels and 525/650s for the Atmos channels?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 3 months 2 days ago
Hi gsk, The BRXs do not have any provisions for wall or ceiling mounts. I presume you could make small shelf for wall mounting, but you would need to use some kind of straps to hold them to the ceiling. The Invisa 650s would work well as your Atmos speakers (placed fairly close to your main listening position), and the Invisa HTR7000s or Invisa HTR8000s would work well as your side and rear surrounds. This would produce a convincing surround and Atmos effect. Happy Listening!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Hanging BRX from ceiling for surround channels