file Anyone Using a SuperCenter XXL +/- with an Ultra Short Throw UST Projector

• HuskyDog's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
HuskyDog Posted 2 years 6 months ago
Hello again,

HuskDog is still figuring out my HT situation. Based on my last post, there was a great suggestion to use an acoustically transparent screen so I can position my SuperCenter XXL at the height I would want.

As I started digging into screens, I came across UST projectors. Based on my set up, that could work, but I have one concern. I would have to have some sort of shelving unit in front of the screen with two shelves. The top shelf would have the UST projector on top of it. The next shelf would be below and be home to the SC. What I am a bit concerned about is having a shelf over the SC since it has radiators on top of it.

If the all the sides are open air and there is several inches from the top of the SC to the bottom of the upper shelf, would that have an adverse effect on the sound of the SC?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 2 years 6 months ago
Hi HuskyDog, As long as you have 1" - 2" clear above the SuperCenter XXL's cabinet for the bass radiators/passive radiators to properly "breathe", you're in good shape. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: HuskyDog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Advanced Topics Music, Home Theater, Gaming Anyone Using a SuperCenter XXL +/- with an Ultra Short Throw UST Projector