file Currently playing

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 4 years 5 months ago

Lucky Chops - My Girl
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Thanks Anthem!

Enjoyed the Lucky Chops song. Lots of streaming options for their many albums, which I'll try.

Just back from NY yesterday PM, where we attended our two grand daughters' school play performances. Really good stuff!!!

Of course had a bit of "GEt withdrawal" while there. Just cranked up the GEt's again this afternoon, so will try to post something in a day or two.

I'm already thinking about our upcoming GEt-less time in NH for the summer. Last year I upgraded from the Dragonfly Red to the Cobalt to feed the Sony MDR 1A headphones as a second best music source while there. Nice, but not open, airy like the GEt's, especially when GEt's played in 9 channel Dolby Surround. Then upgraded to the newer Sony MDR 1AM2, better yet for clarity, naturalness, but still not the open, airy sound I want for the summer. So I am thinking I'll order the new HiFiman Ananda open back headphone for another tick up in summer listening experience. Has anyone on the forum tried these? I'd still use the closed back Sony for travel, but would sure love a more GEt-like listening experience when I'm at home there.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 4 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
'"So, I got a chance to play the GEt's more this afternoon, using the Anthem sure-fire "crank em" formula . :)

I have a 89 song "favorites" stream playlist of all genres that I play in random mode now and then. These are songs I've heard recently or remember fondly from the past, that touch some chord in me. Well I cranked everything to 85-90 dB's. Wow. Dynamics just pop, everything is just catchier, more engaging. I still maintain that the GEt's do a remarkable job delivering the whole song's impact even at lower SL's, even 55 dB range. BUT, BUT give those babies a chance to just click every music sense you have, then yes the failsafe Anthem "Crank em" system formula does shine.

So there I sat with goosebumps, again, marveling at what I was hearing. Here's two songs that just personified what good music delivered by great speakers can do for your enjoyment level.

No particular order to the songs. Just examples of what
I experience daily. I can't ask the GEt'ts to make magic out of garbage, but man, if there's something truly there, then, dang those GEt's dig it out and put it on a special sonic platter.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, anthem

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by anthem. info_outline

Acoustic Alchemy/American/English (2005) - She Speaks American English

Well said, Rick! Couldn't agree with you more! The T Refs, to me, are speakers that sound good at lower volumes, but when Cranked, sound phenomenal! This year I haven't paid much attention at what db I've been listening at. Tonight I checked...90-95 db seems to be where the "Goosebumps" are, and 95-100 db puts me over the top, if the song is well recorded.

Crank em!!!
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Seasons in the Abyss

Let's rock!

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Kayla Waters/Coevolve - Coevolve

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back