file Currently playing

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Listening to Steely Dan - Gold. Good choice Anthem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SanthoshEapen's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 172
SanthoshEapen Posted 10 years 11 months ago
I am listening to a truly mesmerizing album. L'orchestra Di Piazza Vittorio is a sonically immersive album especially suited to our speakers. Listen to it and I am sure you will agree.
Here is the wikipedia entry:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Orchestra_di_Piazza_Vittorio
Attachments:

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Hey Santhosh,
Look like good suggestions, and probably all well worth a listen. But IF I was a betting man, I would bet the Neil Young would tickle my funny bone the most.
Trying to keep up but can't really keep up with you and Bro Anthem.
Keep the great suggestions coming, keep enjoying the tunes.
God Bless.
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by anthem. info_outline
What's spinning on this Thursday morning?

Fourplay - 4 (1998 Warner Brothers)

Favorite tracks: Rio Rush, Vest Pocket & Swamp Jazz
Bob James/keyboards ; Nathan East/bass ; Harvey Mason/drums ; Larry Carlton/guitar
Listen to Mason's drum work on Rio Rush...fantastic!
Have great day/night Wayne & Santhosh.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, SanthoshEapen

• Visitor
  • Visitor
dave@get Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Hi all,

Once again, gone on the road and then to a trade show, so out of communication for a while. This one was called the "CEDIA" Expo - Custom Electronic Design & Installation Association. It's where the home automation and integrators come for trainings, classes and a product expo, sort of like CES but geared toward this part of the industry. At GoldenEar's booth, we demonstrated three (yep, count 'em, three!) systems:

1) 3x HTR-7000 in the ceiling across the front with two MPX in the rear and two ForceField 5 subs. This knocked everyone's socks off because it was so tonally accurate and dynamic and had the ability to make it seem like the sonic presentation was at screen height - within 20-30 seconds most people were convinced they were hearing floorstanding speakers! This system was powered by a NAD T787 receiver and T567 BluRay.

2) Triton Sevens up front with a SuperCenter XL and two SuperSat 3 in the rear with two ForceField 5 subs. The T7 continues to amaze everyone who hears it and for those who have the space for a full-sized center, the new SC XL is amazing. This system was powered by a second NAD T787 receiver with a T567 BluRay.

3) Triton Two in 2-channel stereo. We still have many requests at shows for us to demo the T2 even though it's now been out for three years. So, as is usual for us, we go all out to drive them: An Audio Research Ref CD-9 CD player and a Pass Labs INT-150 integrated amp. Trade shows are notoriously hard places to get good sound, but this system impressed everyone who listened.

OK, so how/why does this relate to the Currently Playing thread? I figured you might ask what material we use to demo the systems. For video, we use a few movie clips, but more importantly we use a great music Blu Ray called "Legends of Jazz" with Ramsey Lewis. I highly recommend it and it's well worth seeking out. There are a lot of great songs on it, but one really hits home to us after a long week of setup/show/teardown... "Mumbles" by Clark Terry. We all feel that we sound like that when talking at the end!

For 2-channel, Sandy has some music stalwarts that he's used over the years to show off his designs. He has a compilation CD that puts many of them on one disc so he doesn't have to constantly change discs during demos. While a few of the tracks change year to year, most stay on the CD. Here's a list of the tracks on Sandy's 2013 2-channel demo CD if you'd care to listen to these tracks on your GoldenEar speakers, too. Track 2 came from a CD Peter Lyngdorf gave to Sandy and we don't have the title or performer's info. I tried both Shazam and Sound Hound to no avail, so I guess you'll have a slightly truncated version of the disc should you look up these tracks.

SG DEMOS 2013 v1

01. La Fiesta Mexicana - Prelude [edit] / Dallas Wind Symphony\Howard Dunn 01:15
02. Male chorus / Peter Lyngdorf demo 05:29
03. Great Gate at Kiev (Pictures at an Exhibition) [HDCD] / Minnesota Orchestra\Eiji Oue 05:16
04. Pie Jesu (Requiem\John Rutter) [HDCD] / Turtle Creek Chorale\Timothy Seelig 03:53
05. Summer Days / Ana Caram 04:51
06. Shiny Stockings [HDCD] / DePaul University Jazz Ensemble with Clark Terry 05:23
07. Once in Love with Amy / Mel Tormé 03:14
08. Let's Fall in Love / Chris Botti 03:42
09. Limehouse Blues [HDCD] [edit] / Arne Domnérus 04:23
10. Willow Weep for Me [K2HD] / Shota Osabe Piano Trio 05:24
11. The Peacocks [XRCD] / Bill Holman Band 05:30
12. Orinoco Flow / Enya 04:28
13. Be Here Now [edit] / Ray LaMontagne 03:56
14. Have You Heard [edit] / Pat Metheney Group 03:53
15. Another Brick in the Wall, Pt 2 / Pink Floyd 04:02
16. Speak to Me / Pink Floyd 01:08
17. Breathe / Pink Floyd 03:05
18. Jazz in the New Harmonic [edit] / David Chesky Quintet 03:03
19. Dirk Sengotta drum solo [edit] / Henrik Freischlader Band 03:42
20. A Gaelic Blessing (Requiem\John Rutter) [HDCD] / Turtle Creek Chorale\Timothy Seelig 03:45

I've attached two photos of the outside of the booth. It was relatively dark inside and those photos look really poor - maybe it'll be lighter in our rooms at CES and I might get better photos there.

Enjoy!
Attachments:

• anthem's Avatar Offline school
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 11 months ago
Hey Dave:

Good to have you back. You here to stay or is this just a teaser? ;)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back