file BRX or Aon3's as surrounds

• cgott42's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
cgott42 Posted 6 months 3 weeks ago
I'm putting together a 5.2.5 setup - used for movies 70% and music (30%)
Thus far the following seem to be locked in: Goldenear BRX reference bookshelf speakers and Goldenear SuperCenter Reference w/Denon X4800H AVR
I'm wondering how much benefit there would be to use another pair of Goldenear BRX reference bookshelf or is it total overkill over the Aon3? And if there's a noticeable difference - where do I prioritize putting the additional BRX's? R/L surround? Front heights?
Obviously the BRX's are considerably more expensive than the Aon3s, but I'm just trying to gauge how much difference I'll hear in order to decide if it's worth it to me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 6 months 2 weeks ago
Hi cgott42, the BRXs are definitely better speakers than the Aon 3s - and you'll certainly hear this difference - especially when used as front speakers in your home theater system. You'll still hear the improvement when using the BRXs as surround speakers, however, the difference is not as great (compared to using BRXs as your front speakers). I guess it's a judgement call as to whether the difference in performance (when used as surrounds) would be worth the additional cost. Overall, I'd say it's still worth upgrading to the BRXs as your surrounds. Happy Listening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice BRX or Aon3's as surrounds