question-circle Triton 7 or Aon 2 for Side Surround close to corner/ against wall?

• lglauner's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
lglauner Posted 4 years 11 months ago
I have the Triton 5s for L/R and Super Center X and SVS SB-3000 sub.
The room is 13L x 11W x 7H. If I place the side surrounds against the wall and very close to the back corner of the room they would be around 6' from the MLP and the Triton 5s are 7' from the MLP. I do plan on using Supersat 3s on the ceiling for 5.1.2 setup so I understand that the sides should go at ear level at 110-120 degrees from MLP.

My question is will the sound of the Triton 7s degrade too much if placed just a few inches from the wall and corner or would I be better off with Aon or Supersats for these speakers for wall placement and slightly greater distance to the MLP.

I would plan to crossover the Triton 7s or Aons at 80Hz to the subs to help limit bass corner loading.

Any input would be appreciated before making speaker purchase.

Thanks, Lou
Madison, WI

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 11 months ago
I think the T5, T7 or Aon 2 would be affected in a similar way regarding mid - treble range. T7 and T5 will benefit from bass reinforcement and that might be a good thing in a theater setup. Once set up and if your AVR has it, run the room correction to see if you like it, and you can always tweak it manually. It should take care of the distances nicely. If you still don't like it, perform a factory reset on your AVR (hopefully it has that feature) and set it up by ear and an SPL meter if you have one.

• lglauner's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
lglauner Posted 4 years 10 months ago
How would Invisa 650 do as a side surround. Is there a minimum distance they should be from the listener?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 4 years 10 months ago

lglauner wrote: How would Invisa 650 do as a side surround. Is there a minimum distance they should be from the listener?

The 650 should do well as a side surround mounted in the wall. Keep them about ear height if you can. Hopefully they would be 4' or more from the listeners. Please note there are square grilles available for them at additional cost.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton 7 or Aon 2 for Side Surround close to corner/ against wall?