file Need an affordable receiver

• peace2peep's Avatar Offline school
  • Nerd
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
peace2peep Posted 5 years 3 months ago
Hello All:

I am looking for a best bang for the buck Ht receiver. I am running/plan to run:

Aon 3's left and right
XXL center
FF Five Sub
7000 in-ceiling rear surrounds
650 overhead atmos speakers

It will be used in a living room config that is not too large with 9'-6" ceilings. room is approx 22 x 18

I am interested in the Denon 4500H . what esle should I consider?
Denon AVR-X6500H
Aon 3 Left and Right
Supercenter XXL
Invisa HTR 7000 Rear Surrounds
Invisa SP 650 Atmos Speakers
FF 5 Subwoofer

The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, peace2peep

Didn't want to have your question just sit there...

There's lot's of opinions on this forum about best receivers, pre/pro's to use with GEt speakers, I think because the GEt speakers respond so well to good feeds, period, So I would venture that the Denon 4500H would work very well with your speakers!

Having had some experience with Marantz receivers, I do like their sound quality. If you are thinking about other options, the Marantz SR 6013 has the same channel/option set-up and price level (they are sister companies) but in my opinion maybe a slightly more musical sound quality. Just MY opinion.

I think you'll find that a lot of good quality receivers in that price range will get along just fine with the GEt speakers.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 5 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Just some other examples/options....
Had a NAD T757 for years and loved the sound, but had to upgrade because it had only 7 channels and no Atmos capability and I wanted to go Atmos. Have also heard GEt's sound great on Emotiva pre with Bryston and Vincent hybrid amps, PrimaLuna tube amp, etc. Have also heard a GEt HT set-up driven with top of the line NAD Master series gear. . Great also. Can't say as ANY of those combinations didn't sound amazing.They sound great on my Marantz also. GEt's love good feeds and reward for that. And I really can't say that any of the gear choices I used/heard driving GEt's was a dud. Not close. I.E. it's pretty hard to wrong with any good quality gear feeding them, receiver or pre/pro.

AUDYSSEY has some trouble EQ'ing powered Triton towers, not sure how it does on 100% passive speakers.It gets good reviews elsewhere, and both Denon and Marantz use it, mostly the XT32 version which EQ's the whole frequency range. Last I checked, only the new Marantz SR 8012 had the capability to EQ just 500 HZ and down, which is the recommended approach. Anthem is another popular brand here on this forum. It has a very good EQ system (ARC), and can EQ just the sub 500 HZ band if desired. If room correction is important to you, Anthem has that as an edge.

Bottom line, no one right answer, lots of good options. If you get a chance to audition some different receivers, it would be worth your while to see which best matches your listening preferences.

Hard to go wrong with any choice of a good receiver. Good luck and hope that helps.

Rick.
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 5 years 3 months ago
Log on to the Crutchfield website. Look at their selection of receivers. Check out the Cambridge CXR120 or CXR200.

I have the CXR120 and other Cambridge gear and I like the "Cambridge Sound".

I have done business with Crutchfield for years. They are a most reputable and reliable company and provide the best customer service I have ever experienced.

Best,

Art

• peace2peep's Avatar Offline school
  • Nerd
    • Thank you received: 3
peace2peep Posted 5 years 3 months ago
I checked out the NAD and the Marantz units...they were good. I particularly liked the Marantz receiver. Right when I was about to pull the trigger, Fry's electronics popped up with a pretty good sale and I got the Denon AVR-X4500H for $850! I couldn't pass that up! Thanks guys!

AL
Denon AVR-X6500H
Aon 3 Left and Right
Supercenter XXL
Invisa HTR 7000 Rear Surrounds
Invisa SP 650 Atmos Speakers
FF 5 Subwoofer

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Need an affordable receiver