file White speakers

• skraemer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
skraemer Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Hi,

To put a simple question into context: I have been wanting to buy GoldernEar speakers for seversl years now, T2+SuperSats.
But I will not buy them black. My livingroom walls are off-white and I don't want to surround myself with black boxes (not to speak of my wife which veto's it).
I went ahead and bought a full set of speakers with minimal visual presence but plenty of audio presence.
Yet, I still lack a center channel to hang on the wall and match my 120" projection screen. SuperCenter will not work for me, but SuperSat 50C or 60C seem a good chice.
Do they come in a shade of white already? The local distributer said a couple of years back that it will be offered soon. Updates?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
That is FUNNY!!!!!
Sorry, you have every right to your opinion skraemer, even though it is totally, 100% opposed to mine.
And welcome here.
I mention it is funny because just tonight I was watching a movie in my darkened home theater, and then later listening to some music, and kept noticing how AWESOME it is that I have this tremendous GREAT sound and it is totally invisible (where it comes from is not apparent at all)!!!!
I mean, not at all, my lovely black speakers cannot be seen unless I turn around and look at the surrounds and rear surrounds with the light from the screen illuminating them a bit.
My Triton Ones and my SC X completely disappear.
And I LOVE THAT about the black!!!!!
I understand that YMMV.
I say, turn out the lights!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• skraemer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
skraemer Posted 7 years 3 months ago
    Hey Wayne,
    I have no issue with black when the lights are off, but 99.9% of the time they are on, or sun shines through the windows. That's when I want them to blend in.
    Cheers.

WayneWilmeth wrote: That is FUNNY!!!!!
Sorry, you have every right to your opinion skraemer, even though it is totally, 100% opposed to mine.
And welcome here.
I mention it is funny because just tonight I was watching a movie in my darkened home theater, and then later listening to some music, and kept noticing how AWESOME it is that I have this tremendous GREAT sound and it is totally invisible (where it comes from is not apparent at all)!!!!
I mean, not at all, my lovely black speakers cannot be seen unless I turn around and look at the surrounds and rear surrounds with the light from the screen illuminating them a bit.
My Triton Ones and my SC X completely disappear.
And I LOVE THAT about the black!!!!!
I understand that YMMV.
I say, turn out the lights!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 7 years 3 months ago

skraemer wrote: Hi,

To put a simple question into context: I have been wanting to buy GoldenEar speakers for several years now, T2+SuperSats.
But I will not buy them black. My livingroom walls are off-white and I don't want to surround myself with black boxes (not to speak of my wife which veto's it).
I went ahead and bought a full set of speakers with minimal visual presence but plenty of audio presence.
Yet, I still lack a center channel to hang on the wall and match my 120" projection screen. SuperCenter will not work for me, but SuperSat 50C or 60C seem a good chice.
Do they come in a shade of white already? The local distributer said a couple of years back that it will be offered soon. Updates?

No white coming, sorry, not enough demand. And I wouldn't suggest mixing a GoldenEar center speaker in with other speakers anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 7 years 3 months ago
Black out drapes for the man cave.

I understand I am a very blessed guy to be able to have my man cave dark as.
It doesn't hurt that in the hot Thailand summer, this is the coolest room in the house.
To each his own skraemer and good luck on your hunt.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Timecop's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 270
Timecop Posted 7 years 3 months ago
I think the moderator may have once said: "you can get our speakers in any color, so long as it's black!"
Triton Two front L/R
SuperSat 50c center
Triton Seven surround L/R
SuperSat 50 surround rear L/R
AVR Arcam AVR-21
Amp Marantz mm7025
Velodyne optimum 10” sealed, back left corner
SuperSub X front-right corner
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back