file Dilemma on speaker choice. T3+ or T2?

• Flexia's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 9
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Flexia Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Flexia. info_outline
As it goes My wife didn't like floor standing speaker and went to hear the 3D array XL. And it sounded great. Long story short she fell in love with the sound of the Triton towers. So it seems I have it good! The 3DA sounded awesome but after listening to the Triton 2 we both felt it was missing some from the mids compared to Tritons. She also likes the fact of not having a Sub box on the floor.

So here is the dilemma. I haven't heard the T3s yet, The dealer didn't have them. My room in 13x21. Should I op for the new T3+ or buy the T2(hoping the dealer with discount T2 since the + is coming soon)? I would love to get the new T2+ but that's just out of the budget. My concerns are that the T3+ will be lacking the low end and a little mid since there is only one mid driver. But haven't heard the T3 or even the T3+.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dark's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Dark Posted 8 years 7 months ago
As an owner of a Triton Three (regular), I can tell you that the sound is a bit leaner than the Two. It's great for my Condo living, but given the size of your room, I fear it may struggle.

Can you share a bit about your intended usage of the system? Is it a 5 channel you're planning, a 2 channel? How would you breakdown your usage? 50% Music, 50% movies, etc.? These are important considerations that will influence what we'd all recommend.

As Wayne on these forums speaks to often, buy the best speakers you can. A good set of speakers will be your longest used piece of electronic. You'll change your car, your phone, your tv, your refrigerator, etc. long before you need to change your speakers. So, buy the best you can! Even if it means saving up and delaying the purchase, your ears will thank you in the long run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Flexia

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

Flexia wrote: (hoping the dealer will discount T2 since the + is coming soon)?

Most North American dealers are offering discounts on their Triton Two demos that will put them about $1000/pair less than the new Triton Two+. There are even a few pair of brand new Triton Twos remaining in our warehouse that can be purchased by dealers to offer their customers at the discounted price. Timing is everything as we would guess within about 30-45 days those, and most dealer demos, will be gone, replaced by the new Two+. That means for a short time you can get a Triton Two for the price of a Triton Three+. That's going to be a "no brainer" for most situations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, Flexia

Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Flexia. info_outline

Moderator wrote:

Flexia wrote: (hoping the dealer will discount T2 since the + is coming soon)?

Most North American dealers are offering discounts on their Triton Two demos that will put them about $1000/pair less than the new Triton Two+. There are even a few pair of brand new Triton Twos remaining in our warehouse that can be purchased by dealers to offer their customers at the discounted price. Timing is everything as we would guess within about 30-45 days those, and most dealer demos, will be gone, replaced by the new Two+. That means for a short time you can get a Triton Two for the price of a Triton Three+. That's going to be a "no brainer" for most situations.

Will the dealer know what the discount will be for the new old stock T2 will be? Or will they need to call? If I get my local dealers demo that would be neat considing he has serial number 1
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Hi Flexia,
Dark said it right, get the best speakers you can, and as the Moderator Dude said, the T 2s are a "no brainer". They are what I have and they are REALLY great speakers!!!!!
Enjoy, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, Flexia

Thank you everyone! A quick call to my dealer and he said they want to get rid of them any day now expecting the 2+ and 3+. Ended up telling him I will take the T2s and its cheaper then I expected! Now I'll have to try so hard not to listen to the 2+ and wish I had those. But at the end of the day I saved some money and have a fantastic set of speakers. I couldn't be happier and its wife approved!
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, lsu123

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Dilemma on speaker choice. T3+ or T2?