file SuperSat 60C or SuperCinema 3D Array X?

• Iamnotthemessiah's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Iamnotthemessiah Posted 8 years 11 months ago
I am putting together a somewhat smaller system in a room 11 x 18ft. 50" TV & Sofa are across the short length of the room (9ft apart from seating to tv), and off-center because of door placement. Useage will be about 80% movies & football and 20% music.

I am looking to piece this together over time, and will start off with a FF3 or 4 sub to compliment what I have up front. I plan to use SuperSat 3s in a while for front L/R and rears in the future.

So, my question is: To go with the Supercinema 3D Array X and sub for now and add Sat3's front L&R later, or find a way to get the SuperSat 60C and a pair of Sat3's now?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated, along with other options I may be missing.
(P.S. towers/floorstanders are out of the question thanks to the wife's need for reasonably discreet, lol)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 11 months ago
Any or all will work, given your close proximity listening/viewing position. If you are comfortable placing the L/R front speakers as far apart as you sit (11' or so), then the Sat 3's and a 60C center (or even a 50C center) with a ForceField 3 would be a great setup. If you intend to put the L/R speakers right next to the TV, or significantly less distance apart than the seating distance, than the 3D Array is the better choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderator wrote: Any or all will work, given your close proximity listening/viewing position. If you are comfortable placing the L/R front speakers as far apart as you sit (11' or so), then the Sat 3's and a 60C center (or even a 50C center) with a ForceField 3 would be a great setup. If you intend to put the L/R speakers right next to the TV, or significantly less distance apart than the seating distance, than the 3D Array is the better choice.

Good points to consider, thank you. The room makes for an odd shape for L/R speaker placement, with the tv being about 2/3 along the wall due to the garage access door on the left. Also a sloping ceiling adds to the problem. How bad would it be to have the right speaker 6ft from the tv & the left one 12ft (or maybe I can get away with 8ft) away?

Otherwise, if I went with the 3D Array, could I add a pair of front Sat 3's to it in the future?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Eric Tichi's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 76
Eric Tichi Posted 8 years 11 months ago
A blank slate, nice.

I would go for the 3D and lower the TV so that it is eye level when sitting.
Play it loud.

Emotiva UMC-200
Parasound A21
Parasound A23
Triton 5 L/R
SuperCenter XXL
Dayton 18 sealed (DIY)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Iamnotthemessiah

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 11 months ago

Iamnotthemessiah wrote: Otherwise, if I went with the 3D Array, could I add a pair of front Sat 3's to it in the future?

The 3D Array contains Left, Right and Center channels, you cannot "add" anything (other than surrounds/rears/heights). You can use it as a center channel only, but that would be a pretty big waste of the money spent (you'd be using 1/4 of its value). You can replace it with separate speakers, of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, Iamnotthemessiah

I appreciate the input guys. I have just returned from another visit to my local Goldenear dealer & listened to the two different setups & talked the scene over with him too. Truthfully, I had a hard time telling the difference between the separates and the soundbar, so I have taken the plunge and ordered the 3D Array X soundbar. Will be here early next week. Plus hoping to add the Forcefield 4 sub to it shortly too. I'm excited about it! :cheer:
So now onto researching a good amp to pair with them. Any recommendations on that, plus speaker wires would be great.
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice SuperSat 60C or SuperCinema 3D Array X?