file Not sure which one to purchase...

• hkh2008's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
hkh2008 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by hkh2008. info_outline
Hello,

I recently purchased a supersat50c paired with an Onkyo tx-nr636. I have a 10feet by 10feet room and not sure which one to purchase for my main front left and right speakers, can you help me decide on which of these would be a good match supersat3, supersat50 or aon3... This will be used for 60% music, 20% movies and 20% games(ps4,ps3,xbox1)...

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
hkh2008,

The Aons would sound fantastic in a room that size. The Aon 3 will have a little more bass and dynamics, but the 2s would be excellent as well. Do you plan to use a subwoofer? I would recommend a FF3 or FF4 to accompany you setup. Otherwise, if you want the system to match perfectly, the SSAT 50s would probably give you a more cohesive theater sound but the Aons will definitely be better for music. Since 60% of your use is music..., Aons!

Check out the reviews here on the forum for more info. I used the Aon 3s for a few months while I saved for my Triton towers and they sounded fantastic. They are very forgiving with room placement and are easy to drive. Good luck and happy hunting. Please keep us posted on what you select and how things sound.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by hkh2008. info_outline
Thank you T Cobe,

I did check the triton 7 and it blew me away, only problem is not sure if it will be ok for my small room... I currently have a polksub which i plan to replace after the speakers are upgraded... I will check the review on the aon's... For movies and games the supersat will be much better than the aons?

Regards

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Hi hkh2008,
Good questions and nobody can really say what you will like the best, only you.
The Aon 3s will kick the SSs IMHO. I think that is what T Cobe is saying too.
But for a music listener, I would HIGHLY recommend the Triton towers. For such a small room and with sub for movies, The T 7s should really be great!!!!
They will NOT be too much for that room.
And remember, you may not always be in that room, so get the best speakers you can afford now, you will hopefully have them for years and years of great listening.
Please let us know what you decide,
Enjoy, God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 2 months ago
hkh2008,

Do you have a budget that you are trying to stick with? If so, the Aons are fantastic! If the cost is not an issue, I completely agree with Wayne. The T7s are better and will not be "too" much of your space. It's definitely good to look long term in case your space changes. Th passive T7s should give you years of great sound and the ability to spread out later. In eithe case, the T7s and Aon 3s would be my top recommendation and in that order.

The SSAT 50s would just match the center channel more closely and if you were at 80 to 100% home theater, I may recommend staying with the same models but since you listen to a lot of music, that changes things dramatically. I will admit I'm not a fan of lifestyle speakers. Too many compromises in my opinion, but I realize that some set ups require their use.

It's always best to get out to the dealers and listen for yourself. Other people's opinions are a great place to start; however, at the end of the day it is all about you. It's your hard earned money being spent and you that wil ultimately live with and enjoy whatever you purchase. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Wayne and T Cobe

Many Many Thanks for your suggestions, they're really helpful specially to a newbie like me... At this point i would get the aon3 and when budget permits will use them as surround and buy T7 for mains... Will update you guys once i have the aon

Regards

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Not sure which one to purchase...