file ATMOS Top-End Setup

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Now Blcskate,
I don't know what a "voice of god" speaker is.
I mean Bro Anthem and I get messages from God all the time!!!!
IF I get me one of dem speakers can I hears God mo louder????? Mo clearer?????
Moderator Dude, is GEt gonna sell any o dem god speakers??????
One thing a person can say about this forum, it is never boring!!!!
God Bless you guys, right now I am watching TV (CNN) and just cannot believe my eyes and ears that in America a guy will just walk into a church and shoot dea the minister (and Senator) and 8 worshipers. And that so far, he is still out there free.
Sorry to get off track, and into the horrible news.
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• blcskate's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 15
blcskate Posted 9 years 3 months ago

WayneWilmeth wrote: Now Blcskate,
I don't know what a "voice of god" speaker is.
I mean Bro Anthem and I get messages from God all the time!!!!
IF I get me one of dem speakers can I hears God mo louder????? Mo clearer?????
Moderator Dude, is GEt gonna sell any o dem god speakers??????
One thing a person can say about this forum, it is never boring!!!!
God Bless you guys, right now I am watching TV (CNN) and just cannot believe my eyes and ears that in America a guy will just walk into a church and shoot dea the minister (and Senator) and 8 worshipers. And that so far, he is still out there free.
Sorry to get off track, and into the horrible news.
God Bless, Wayne

Voice of god speaker are for those wonderful narrator moments where Morgan Freeman tells you what is happening. Because he is pretty much the golden standard for those things. It is mounted directly above the primary sitting position and intended to make you feel like he is talking directly to your soul. :P Too bad it has to be recorded as such. Else, we could go back and watch all of our favorites in a whole new way.

Sadly there are psycho people everywhere. They read all the media forums and it turns them into radicals psychos. Then they just lose it and go crazy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 3 months ago
Thanks for the information. I wonder if DTS:X needed to do VOG (Voice of God) using the 2 or 4 Atmos speaker layout, could it send VOG to all 2 or 4 speakers in mono and have the same effect?

That said, if someone were deploying ceiling speakers for Atmos, would it really be all that difficult to include a 3rd or 5th (center ceiling) speaker just in case multiple surround formats could be used (Auro)? I don't think that would add much to the overall cost of a home theater deployment, even if that speaker were largely unused. After all, the rear surround on a 7.1 setup were rarely used at the beginning stages of the 7.1 adoption, and are still not often used in most movie soundtracks.

These are other reasons why I'm waiting to deploy immersive sound - we just don't know how this will flush out yet.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each

Ya this hasn't really been flushed out. Really though Auro has almost no chance of success. It requires a completely different speaker layout than ATMOS. DTS:X works with ATMOS layout. So its two giants vs one with a lot less support. Logically speaking a receiver could handle all three with 7.2.5ish, but the other issue would be that the surround positions are also different in Auro. I don't know anyone building an Auro home theater at this point. That is a good early sign of its demise.

Keep in mind these are guidelines for best results. The vast majority of people will not be able to perfectly match guidelines anyway. Only the select few with dedicated media rooms can really go directly off these guidelines. Auro will still play on an ATMOS layout. It will just be less than optimal and the effect won't be as immersive. This is a bit of a passion for me hence why I am spending 10k on speakers and over 20k for the room as a whole. I am still a beginner compared to some people, but I read a ton of articles and stay up to date on all new releases.

The biggest issue I have run into is everyone's opinion on perfect sound is different. Some like direct fire side speakers so they can pinpoint things coming from the left behind them. Others like speakers that spread more and blend together. So you know a general area, but not exact position. Some people like theater sound to be bright and loud. Other like it to be smooth and to be quality even at lower playing levels. There really is no such thing as a perfect speaker or layout. Its all a matter of what you like. I know so many people in love with Klipsch sound. Personally I hate it for voices (talking mainly).
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 months ago
These are other reasons why I'm waiting to deploy immersive sound - we just don't know how this will flush out yet.[/quote]

Absolutely, Murphy. Between the lack of content and now format battles, it feels like the industry is purposely trying to set up immersive sound for failure... Definitely have my plans for an upgrade on hold.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

T Cobe wrote: These are other reasons why I'm waiting to deploy immersive sound - we just don't know how this will flush out yet.

Absolutely, Murphy. Between the lack of content and now format battles, it feels like the industry is purposely trying to set up immersive sound for failure... Definitely have my plans for an upgrade on hold.

Cheers,

T Cobe[/quote]

While I agree and I don't mind spending a little bit to be an early adopter. I would say ATMOS and DTS:X both have a good chance and will probably both be around for a long time. Personally I think DTS:X makes the most sense. It mixes much easier and uses a single stream to accommodate a huge array of setups. I highly doubt that all of these formats are going to just die. This is not like 3D where you have to pay more for it. Its just something that will be included with movies and if you have the equipment to play then great. If not then you just don't get the immersion. 3D failed because it costs a lot more and required a lot of extra things (and god awful glasses). I enjoy passive 3D on a good tv (LG 4k OLED passive 3D is amazing).

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice ATMOS Top-End Setup