file Minimum Room Size for Tritons

• fopmc's Avatar Offline school
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 154
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
fopmc Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by fopmc. Reason: adding height dimension info_outline
Hi There!

I was wondering if the Tritons, more specifically the Triton 1s and 2s, would ever be too big of a speaker for certain rooms.
Now although I wouldn't exactly put Triton 1s into a tiny bedroom, I am more into looking for recommended size room, eg. 200 sq feet space!

I'm asking because I am considering a Triton setup in my HT space, roughly 11ft x 24ft and 7.5ft in height.

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 5 months ago
I have a room similar in size to your room. I have a pair of Triton Ones as Fronts and a pair of Triton Sevens as "Rear Fronts". I am very pleased with the results, both for music and for movies.

When you go to your authorized Golden Ear Dealer to audition the Tritons, look around - their room may not be as big as your space.

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks for replying Art. This is useful to know.

Are you implementing other subs into your system, I ask this only because I am thinking of a similar setup but already have a FF4, also are you using any of the supercenters?

• ArthurDaniels's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 1811
ArthurDaniels Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by ArthurDaniels. info_outline
Yes, I have a Paradigm Powered Sub connected to the Sub Output of my second AV Receiver, along with a second set of upper surround speakers. I have the Triton Sevens connected as "Rear Fronts" to a third AV Receiver, which also has a pair of SuperSat 3 speakers connected as "Center" to the "B" speaker outputs. This arrangement allows me to select the SuperSats for Center dialogue when watching movies or use the Triton Sevens when listening to music and to control the volume levels of the SuperSats or the Triton Sevens independently.

These three receivers are interconnected with both analog and digital audio cables. The interconnections allow me to select movies or music or TV or XBOX 360 or DVR sound and feed the audio signals to various speaker combinations, depending upon my listening preference for a particular AV or audio source.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by T Cobe. Reason: Typo info_outline
fopmc,

I don't think you'll have any size issues. While speakers can be too small for a room, I don't think they can be too big. Overkill maybe, but most of us seem to like it that way. If you're considering 4 powered towers and separate subs, I'm guessing you like excess as well! :laugh:

I currently run two Aons and a SuperCenterXL and will be switching my Aons to surrounds as soon as I receive my T1s. Like Art, I will likely keep my Paradigm DSP-3400 integrated into my system with a very low crossover frequency (maybe 30 Hz), but this will depend on how things sound for theater without it. Do you have a SuperCenter question?

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thank you for the very helpful replies!

So yeah, T Cobe how do you like the SuperCenterXL,

I currently have a smaller setup (wife and kids :)) in my living room, with a SuperSat50C and SuperSat3s and a FF3, and I like it quite a bit. So yeah I guess I am going for some excess in my mancave!, I mean home theater downstairs!

Thanks
Po
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Minimum Room Size for Tritons