question-circle Another Newbie, Another Weird Room - Triton ?'s

• deklein3's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 11
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
deklein3 Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Thanks folks. Dark’s summary was really good and consistent with what I’ve heard and read elsewhere. The jump to the 1’s is a bit more than I want to do now and I think the 2’s will be fine. I may wait until I can find a dealer in the area that would have the twos and the fives for a side to side comparison. That way I can hear what some of my music would sound like. Probably, all things considered, the twos are the best option for me given all the trade-offs (space, listening preferences, budget, etc.)

It is so easy to get hung up on making the “right” (“cool”) decision and going by the “expert advice” that it is easy to forget the I need to go with what sounds right to my ears. On the other hand, it is a lot of fun reading about this stuff and getting other people’s opinions and the benefit of their experience.
;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 9 years 5 months ago
Right on, deklein3. There is no right or wrong decision, just what's best for you and your family. Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will sound great. Good luck with the audition and please share your results!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Another Newbie, Another Weird Room - Triton ?'s