file Triton 7?

• 6stringer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
6stringer Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Yeah i must confess the wife wear's the pant's in this family ,although i don't want to rock the boat too much till i have the speaker's, it look's like i'll put the order in for the Triton 7's seen as how i want it more for music ,but it will be incorporated into home theatre and i have a stand alone sub already .Could you also point me to a few suggestions with the Goldenear line-up for the rears and sub looking into a new amp also either the Anthem 510/710 or Emotiva XPA-5 thank's
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Women...can't live without them. :)
The T7's as L/R Front speakers would pair nicely with a SuperCenter XL (center) ; SuperSat 3's for surround/rears and the ForceField 5 sub would give you a phenomenal setup. The Aon 2's or 3's for surrounds/rears would also be outstanding. I use the Aon 3's as surrounds and SS3's for rears.

Both Anthem models you mentioned would work nicely...just remember, they're receivers.
The Emotiva xpa-5 is an amplifier, it would pair well with the Emotiva XMC-1 pre/pro. (Wayne wants the XMC-1)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, 6stringer

• Dilettante's Avatar Offline
  • ALL things work together for good...
    • Thank you received: 94
Dilettante Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Maybe I am different ("maybe" is probably an understatement!) - but I think the 7s sound a lot like the 1s but with less bass. In fact I think if most people close their eyes and had someone play the 1s, 2s, 3s, 7s - it would be hard to tell the 7s from the 1 except for the base. I hear a different sound from the 2s and 3s - not quite as much different as in different manufactures but enough different that I can tell when the 2//3s are playing vs the 1/7s are playing (and I don't think I have a particularly "good" ear). I like the sound produced by the 1s and 7s - really like the sound! I think you will be VERY happy with the 7s upfront now! Later, when I had the money and my wife agreed, I would get 1s for up front and put the 7s in the middle (5.1) - then later add 7s for the rear! I think all the sound would totally blend like one gigantic, harmonious speaker throughout the HT room - for a BEAUTIFUL 7.1 system - but hey, that is just me!!
OPPO 105 - Decware Torii MK IV - Triton Ones
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, 6stringer

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hey 6Stringer,
I agree with Anthem, he is usually right.
The one thing I did not understand: is your wife OK with the Triton 3s, but not the Triton 2s? Why? There is very little difference except a few inches of height. But man the sound is different, better in the twos.
I would buy the T 7s now while they are on sale and save up for the Triton 2s, IF you can convince her. IF not the Triton 3s in front and the T 7s in the rear will be a good system.
I am like Anthem, have to add a sub for home theater.
But like he said, whatever you get or do, it will be fine, GREAT even, you are getting the right speakers.
Hope this helps,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
WOW guys, my reply was behind the times, sorry. You guys had already discussed this more and I was still agreeing with Anthem's reply
a page back! Time differences. Ha
Dilettante, you may be right (and may indeed have Golden EARS), I have heard others agree with you; but I have not heard the Triton Ones myself. This is a good reason why someone like me should be loaned a review pair of ONES, cause I can compare them all. Ha
Bro Anthem, good system suggestions there.
6Stringer, keep your wife, they are more important than a good audio system, and WAY more expensive!!! And to change one, is UNBELIEVABLY MORE EXPENSIVE!!! I speak from experience.
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• DarkBlueDean's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
DarkBlueDean Posted 9 years 8 months ago
6stringer, I hope you don't mind me posting my question here. It's got to do with the T7. I'm also a newbie, even more so than you are. I've spent the last 2 whole days reading about audio components and still not quite clear on a lot of things/basics of home audio.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new pair of floorstanding loudspeakers and leaning heavily on the T7, based purely on reviews online. I haven't had the chance to audition them. I'm on limited budget. The T7 is replacing a pair of Pioneer SP-FS52 ($260/pair, these are the Andrew Jones budget speakers) connected to a receiver - Sony STR-DN840 150W, 8Ω. Also connected to that receiver are a sub and a center channel from the same Andrew Jones line.

The system is used 50/50 music/movies. I listen to anything from Oscar Peterson > Ella Fitzgerald > Frank Sinatra > U2 > Bob Marley > Norah Jones > Phantogram, and Led Zeppelin.

Is my receiver enough to power the T7? Should I get a better receiver or add an integrated amplifier to power the T7?

Also, a little off topic, can I connect an 8Ω speaker to a 6Ω amplifier or receiver? Vice versa?

Thanks in advance guys!
Current: Sony STR-DN840 | Pioneer SP-FS52 | Pioneer SP-C22 | Pioneer SW-8MK2
Wishlist: Triton Seven | Emotiva XPA-5
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back