file Triton 7?

• 6stringer's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 10
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
6stringer Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hello just wondering if you could help a newbie to the audio world .Started out by walking into a new home audio store while wife was shopping ,and was introduced to a pair of Martin Logan Motion 40,some other electrostatic Martin's ,paradigm ect. Was blown away by the motion 40's after having lived with a Energy Take classic 5speaker surround system for a couple of year's.I have been thinking of upgrading for a bit as this just doesn't cut it any more.After listening to about 6 different speaker's in my price range i liked the motion 40 the best.Anyway's was running out of time and thanked the salesman and asked if we could get back again for another listen possibly later, a week go's by and this time bring some peter gabriel,nine inch nails,and rush live blu-ray concert's for reference,after about an 1 1/2 listening walked away quite impressed but still not ready to pull the trigger.Long story short a week went by and salesman phone's back asking if i am still interested still unsure because i don't have many speaker place's to listen too unless i go to Vancouver ,he then drops the price from 2200.00 to 1200.00 for the pair if i'm interested even though this is really tempting i've been researching speaker's for the last couple of week's and find the name Goldenear speaker's popping up a lot and start researching them more.More and more i keep researching and i can't believe all the unreal reviews on these speaker's .So i contact a dealer in Vancouver and other dealer's in B.C. to get price's and hear review's on them.From here i e-mail back and forth with a place in Van called the Sound Room which has a boxing week sale of 1250.00 a pair from 1600.00 .My question now is i would be buying these without hearing them and wondering if i would be happy with them or should i settle on the martin logan's motion 40 which i read acouple of good review's but nothing like the Triton 7's ,also looking to upgrade my Denon 1913 receiver for a Anthem 210/710 receiver to be able to properly push these speaker's any thought's and input would be much appreciated Thanks Sixstringer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hey 6Stringer,
Welcome to the forum, and this is the place for newbies to ask questions. Course, you MIGHT find that some of us here are a bit prejudiced towards the GoldenEar speakers.
I think you are looking at the right kind of speakers which will be a good upgrade for you. And I can HIGHLY recommend the Triton 7s. They are a SWEET (read AWESOME) speaker for the size & price. The have a MAGIC to them, that is what you are reading about in the reviews.
You can find better speakers here, the Triton Ones or 2s. Get a pair of them IF you can swing it.
But for the money, the Triton 7s cannot be beaten.
Just a comment though (and the Moderator Dude here will not agree with this, sorry MD), IF you are a bass freak, IF bass is really important for you, then you will need a subwoofer with the Triton 7s (and the Martin Logans too).
This is NOT a knock on the T 7s, they have great bass, full, wonderful rich sounding bass. But IF you use them for full orchestra or dance/electronic music, or for movies, then you will need a sub as well. Heck, I put a sub with the Triton 2s and 3s.
IF you can tell us what kind of music you want to listen to, or IF you plan to use them for movies too, then we might be able to help more.
As for good electronics as well, yes, sure they will help. For me, the speakers are the deal breakers; get them right first, they make the BIGGEST difference in the sound from your system. Then help them out with the best electronics you can.
Hope this helps, have a great New Year,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Thank's for getting back to me on the Triton 7 inquiry ,and welcoming me to the forum WayneWilmeth i think you answered some question's for now .Yes i will be adding a new sub to the mix down the road possibly the forcefield 4,i do like bass as long as it has a tight sound to it ,right now i have an energy sub which will have to do for now. I must reitterate that my amp upgrade would be possibly a Anthem 310/or 510 series also looking at the Emotiva line ,i am looking at running a 5.1 config. any input from reader's on these amp's would be good.I definitely would like the Triton 1 or 2 but a little out of range at the moment.Down the road i have thought of possibly buying the 2's for the front and having the 7's moved to the back,i will inquire with the shop and see if they have a boxing day price on the 2's.Also looking to run this system 50% music/50% for movie's if that help's my room dimensions are approx 11ft wide by 20 ft with a 9 ft ceiling .As for musical interest i am all over the place from Joe Bonamassa ,U2, Rodrigo y Gabriela,to Nine Inch Nails,with a dash of Led Zeppelin thrown in to the mix.Also is that a good price for the Triton 7's,looking forward to hearing more input thank's and a good new year to you Wayne

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hey 6Stringer,
Thanks for that, and for the info. You have great taste in music, IMHO.
And your room size is just great for the Tritons. You are gonna love the Tritons.
I would just encourage you to get the most, the best speakers you can stretch to afford. And NO, I don't work for GoldenEar!!! Ha ha
I just know that every time I have settled for less, I have regretted it for a long time and finally upgraded. But even if you have to wait to get them, I have the Triton 2s in the front and 3s in the back, and 7s in the rear in a 7.1 config. AWESOME!!!! You would be well served with T2s in the front and T7s in the rear.
Some people think the T7s are so magic sounding that they sometimes prefer them to the larger speakers. But for the kinds of music we like, the T2s just ROCK!!!! Subs are great, but hard to integrate well, I have a FF5. But the built in subs in the T2s (I can't speak to the Triton Ones, I am BROKE now!!!) are just right and could make you wait a long time before having to upgrade to a FF4.
I can't speak to the amp questions. You don't need a LOT of power for any of the Tritons, and high quality is more important (IMHO) than having lots of watts.
I have one pair of T7s in my large living room, roughly 18 X 25 with 20 ft ceilings and going up to a loft, and play them with a 40 wpc tube amp to satisfying levels. Now they don't really rock out in that situation, when I want to hear Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa, do you know "I'd rather go blind"? I play them in the home theater on the Triton 2s!!!
Just sayin'.
Whatever you decide to get, pls keep us informed and visit here, we like to hear success stories.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Hello Wayne me again i was just wondering your thought's on my plan's for the speaker's we talked about earlier.I got a quote for the Triton 2 which was 2890.00 and the Triton 3 which is 1870.00 ,although i would love the Triton 2's they are out of my range .So my question is would i be happy with the Triton 7 's for the front now ,and down the road by the Triton 3's and then move the 7's to the rear i only have one more day of the sale and the salesman e-mailed me back and said the price of the 7's should of been 1359.00 instead of 1279.00 but would honour the old quote,or should i just save some more and get the 3's .I would really like the 2's but my wife would kill me. Anyway's thank's and hope you have some input p.s. by the way that sound's like a killer system you have.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
And who wears the pants in the family? ;) I think Wayne would agree, if music was your main interest, especially 2-channel, the T'7's would be the clear choice. But for HT, without a standalone sub, the T'3's would better fit your needs. If it's a GoldenEar, you can't go wrong.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back